Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings again,

A month ago or i asked if there were any kind of instruction for replacing the main traction belt. As it turns out with the help of other forum members and purchasing and reading the service belt I now have the digital version of the service manual and I have gotten quite far along in the removal and replacement. Now once I get past removing the electric clutch so i can pull the main drive pulley down past the sheet metal belt retainers I can slip the new belt on, push the pulley assembly back up and then tighten the nut up on the clutch and I should be ready to go.

Only problem is that trying to loosen the clutch/pulley assembly nut is a pain.

If that is what I am supposed to be doing since that's what is in the manual.
I'm using a 1 3/8 open ended wrench to hold the large spacer stationary and I am using a 16mm (5/8?) socket on a ratchet wrench to loosen the nut.

Unless of course there is a better undocumented way?

Any tips or advice?

Thanks in advance,

Blake

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
A month ago or i asked if there were any kind of instruction for replacing the main traction belt. As it turns out with the help of other forum members and purchasing and reading the service belt I now have the digital version of the service manual and I have gotten quite far along in the removal and replacement. Now once I get past removing the electric clutch so i can pull the main drive pulley down past the sheet metal belt retainers I can slip the new belt on, push the pulley assembly back up and then tighten the nut up on the clutch and I should be ready to go.

Only problem is that trying to loosen the clutch/pulley assembly nut is a pain.

If that is what I am supposed to be doing since that's what is in the manual.
I'm using a 1 3/8 open ended wrench to hold the large spacer stationary and I am using a 16mm (5/8?) socket on a ratchet wrench to loosen the nut.

Unless of course there is a better undocumented way?

Any tips or advice?

Thanks in advance,

Blake
Impact wrench!

71eGGg+xfmL._SY355_.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^ An impact will make a huge difference in removing that bolt . If you don't have a compressor , there are electric driven impacts available at most of the large box stores . Good luck !!!!! :usa

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^ An impact will make a huge difference in removing that bolt . If you don't have a compressor , there are electric driven impacts available at most of the large box stores . Good luck !!!!! :usa
You can also buy battery powered impacts. However some are not that strong. Just today I was trying to get the blade off of my girlfriend's push mower. I was using my Mikita 18 volt 1/4" gun with a 3/8" adapter in the hex drive. Then a 5/8" socket attached to it. Unfortunately no dice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts