Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day. Since I got myself a 4410, I found out real fast that all my other tractors just sat around. I picked up a 9N a few years ago, and sold that two weeks ago. Not that connected to that, so no big deal. The Case 245 I sold today, different story. Before the Case, everything was done by hand. Keeping up 10 acres was a challenge. Once I got the Case, it changed everything. I put 900 hours on my Case in 7 years. It changed the lay of my land. Cleared a lot of trees/brush. Did it all. Sad to see her go.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sad time indeed. Just hop on the 4410 and it will help you forget all about the others.:usa

·
Registered
252 Posts
Your old Case will be somebody else's new friend, I hope?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ummmmm. Your our old tractor was a CASE/IH 245, not a Case. That would be like calling a Lincoln Town Car a Ford.

The Case/IH 245 was the later version of the INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 244 Built by Mitsubishi and sold between 1982 till 1984.

I can understand getting a larger tractor, not sure I would have traded the old C/IH 245 in.

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummmmm. Your our old tractor was a CASE/IH 245, not a Case. That would be like calling a Lincoln Town Car a Ford.

The Case/IH 245 was the later version of the INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 244 Built by Mitsubishi and sold between 1982 till 1984.

I can understand getting a larger tractor, not sure I would have traded the old C/IH 245 in.
Understood on the model end.

I've always been of the mindset that a tractor is meant to be ran. It went from running daily to sitting around for the past 3 months. I struggled with it, so much that my wife now really knows how nuts I am.:bigthumb: The guy that purchased it was super excited. Its his first tractor. That makes the it easier.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I went through the same thought process when I sold my '56 Ford. Loved the truck, but it just sat around. The gentleman that bought it did a super nice restoration on it, taking it from an average daily driver to really impressive, then used it to haul his restored Ford tractors to tractor shows. :good2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Understood on the model end.

I've always been of the mindset that a tractor is meant to be ran. It went from running daily to sitting around for the past 3 months. I struggled with it, so much that my wife now really knows how nuts I am.:bigthumb: The guy that purchased it was super excited. Its his first tractor. That makes the it easier.
Your much quicker on the trigger than am I. Ive been contemplating selling my compact tractor for 2 years now. It has been a great tool but now that all the real work is done it pretty much sits in the shed and barely gets 25 hrs a year on it,,,,, I think this year is the year to pass it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts