36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Sausage Casserole...

Ingredients...
Ingredients (1).JPG _ Ingredients (2).JPG

Ingredients (3).JPG _ Ingredients (4).JPG

All in the pool.
Sauce .JPG

Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic, Sugar, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper to taste.

Italian Sausage (cooked before hand).
Sausage (1).JPG

Dish it.
Sausage (2).JPG _ Dish It (1).JPG

Cheese...
Topping (1).JPG _ Dish It (2).JPG

Bread Crumbs...
Topping (2).JPG _ Dish It (3).JPG

Bake at 350 until hot and cheese is melted.

Serve with beer. (If dieselshadow is coming over, serve with milk or water).

Damn Good, IMO.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
Hmmmm, 10 sausages in the skillet, 9 in the casserole pans....looks like somebody had a snack.

Seriously, that looks really good. Everybody here would eat that, as long as I omitted the mushrooms.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmmm, 10 sausages in the skillet, 9 in the casserole pans....looks like somebody had a snack.

Seriously, that looks really good. Everybody here would eat that, as long as I omitted the mushrooms.
Puppies. :thumbup1gif:

I added the mushrooms this time, never did before. Gets better every time I make it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Think I could empty one of those dishes by myself. Looks mighty tasty. And yes beer would be my beverage of choice with Italian sausage.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think I could empty one of those dishes by myself. Looks mighty tasty. And yes beer would be my beverage of choice with Italian sausage.
I just finished one. I'm such a hog.

Just before I take them out of the over I hit the broiler to brown the tops.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Was a cold adult beverage involved?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

Are you one of those weirdo's that don't like mushrooms?:nunu::laugh:

I might try this in the next few days. I just got a whole hog made into sausage, so plenty to play around with.:bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
Are you one of those weirdo's that don't like mushrooms?:nunu::laugh:
No I'm not, but my wife is. And "doesn't like mushrooms " is putting it mildly for her

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
No I'm not, but my wife is. And "doesn't like mushrooms " is putting it mildly for her
I see. Thats good to hear!

Can I be the mushroom czar?:laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
looks good. You are living high the hog. Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try it.:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Wow! Looks great Gizmo. Now, in my world we'd call it "Sausage Cacciatore." What's not to like? :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Added to the cookbook thread. :thumbup1gif:

I believe this is a first for Gizmo. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Puppies. :thumbup1gif:

I added the mushrooms this time, never did before. Gets better every time I make it.
So what's the funny shaped white thingy? I've guessed, in this order: Potato with BIG eye removed; a funny looking cauliflower; a dollop of bread dough; a huge hailstone; some left-over grits or an unidentified amorphous organ from an unidentified animal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So what's the funny shaped white thingy? I've guessed, in this order: Potato with BIG eye removed; a funny looking cauliflower; a dollop of bread dough; a huge hailstone; some left-over grits or an unidentified amorphous organ from an unidentified animal.
Onion

1 - 20 of 35 Posts