Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go pick up a new flasher lens for my 1025r ROPS the other day. While there, I asked if they knew the differences between the old and new decks. They brought me back to the shop to take a look at the first one they’d gotten. I couldn‘t get a picture, but essentially, there are a couple of changes to the deck lift / latch / autoconnect system.
1. The deck latch has moved from deck to the hangar
2. The autoconnect has skid plates on it
3. The deck gearbox has a skid plate on top
4. The front center of the deck has a much larger anti-scalp ‘hump’. No anti-scalp wheel on front unfortunately.

According to the service manager, most of the changes are in how the [auto]connect works, primarily being that instead of flipping a lever on the deck to release the latch, it’s on the tractor now. He also pointed out that deck leveling is now more complex, taking much longer than the old style used to. The turn-buckles for adjusting deck level are bigger, you can’t do a ‘half-turn’ anymore. The adjustment screw to set the level of the autoconnect receiver has been replaced with a completely new mechanism.

The deck has two round pieces of steel that the tractor latches onto instead of the rod bein on the lift mechanism. It looks thicker, but he said they’ll have to wait and see what type of calls they get on it.

unfortunately, they didn’t have an MSL FEL around, I would’ve paid for photos of that :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it true that they are the same decks as the 2025R now?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn’t ask that specifically, but he did show me the lfit on a 2025r and said ‘this is identical on the 1025r’

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Does the rear attachement point look any heavier/stronger than the previous deck where it attaches to the lift arms? It seems like some guys have seen a lot of wear at those connections. You mentioned the latch is on the hanger now instead of the deck, so wondering if they improved it overall.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
From my years of experience buying Deere...the design can be as much about planned obsolescent and about improvements.

·
Registered
151 Posts

This deck is missing a part 🤭

All the hanger parts are there though

·
Registered
446 Posts
as much as about improvments....what can you really do to a mower deck?????
Well, for starters they could offer a center roller especially on the 60D. Also, they should go back to swiveling gauge wheels like the older 62D's had so when you turn during wheel contact to the ground it doesn't dig a drainage ditch.

But they won't because they don't want to make it to "good".

Reactions: Randog and trav

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the rear attachement point look any heavier/stronger than the previous deck where it attaches to the lift arms? It seems like some guys have seen a lot of wear at those connections. You mentioned the latch is on the hanger now instead of the deck, so wondering if they improved it overall.
Yes, big time.

Reactions: AJgrn78

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
those wheels aren't suppose to be on the ground....those are the antiscalping items....if they're digging in they aren't set properly....

·
Registered
446 Posts
those wheels aren't suppose to be on the ground....those are the antiscalping items....if they're digging in they aren't set properly....
Correct, but they still make contact with the ground depending on the terrain otherwise they wouldn't be there. If you go into a turn under this circumstance they will dig in, like turning in a ditch or gully. Don't take my word for it, do a GTT search about it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Correct, but they still make contact with the ground depending on the terrain otherwise they wouldn't be there. If you go into a turn under this circumstance they will dig in, like turning in a ditch or gully. Don't take my word for it, do a GTT search about it.
He obviously only mows on flat ground where the wheels don't come into play.
Agreed, the older style was a nicer setup.

Yes, the decks and mechanism are the same on the 1025/2025 from 2020 on.

·
Registered
720 Posts
They don’t put a roller on the front because it would make it harder to hook up. As it is the deck can slide around hooking it, with a roller it would tougher.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There are no anti-scalp wheels in the front or rear center of the deck, and there never will be because it's a drive-over deck. When you install or remove the deck you have to raise the 4 idler wheels so that the deck lays flat on the ground. Anti-scalp wheels that were in a fixed position in the center of the deck would be damaged or destroyed when you drove over the deck. ( On concrete or any hard surface) They would have to be easily raised or removed to be there, and it would be pointless to have anti-scalp wheels that were level with the bottom of the deck.

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
Thanks for the report, Scooterman.

It sounds like Deere is listening to the concerns of the owners and addressing the weaker points or areas which have been a source of some challenges. That's what most of us expect from Deere. They are always working to improve their products and that's why they are an industry leader and why most of us have owned multiple Green Tractors and most likely, will continue to do so............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts