Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I fitted my SawHaul Complete Kit for Tractors 20" length / Green / Standard width, to my 1025R with 120R mechanical self levelling loader.

Its great. Nicely packaged, finished, presented and clear instructions
It seems like it will be a great addition to my tractor.

BUT
I did as instructed on the SawHaul website and measured the loader mast carefully but having done so it was not clear which width clamp to order. I searched on GTT but didn’t find any helpful posts.

I picked the “standard” width. Well, it JUST fits. Actually it doesn’t fit as the nylock nuts are not correctly engaged. But I’ve tightened it gütentight and I don’t think it’ll go anywhere.

Book Publication Font Book cover Advertising

Font Material property Publication Temperature Rectangle

Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Green

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Green Automotive tire Gas Tire Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Fender

Green Auto part Composite material Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

So if you are thinking of buying one for your 120R loader check this post before ordering.

I’ll give some feedback To SawHaul that their guidance is a bit lacking. Yes, it says contact them and they’ll check fit,
but in my opinion, that means the information provided is inadequate.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Parallel Number

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
Looks like 1/4” plate?
A guy could take the angle grinder to it and thin it a little bit to get more threads on that bolt. I doubt a chainsaw is going to be that heavy to matter

Reactions: justaguy

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,592 Posts
Look for some nylok jamb nuts.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Do you got a hardware store near by? You could probably go see if you could find a longer u bolt thats still the same width.

Reactions: justaguy

·
Registered
2014 1025R
306 Posts
It didn't fit because you measured it in mm! :LOL:

I keed.

More seriously, I wonder how many US manufactured things like this don't sell on the world market strictly because the need for that special-order imperial tool drives the real cost even higher than the already pricey US-made cost. I'm guessing you can't just go down to the local hardware/tool store and pick up inch-sized wrenches in Australia. On this kit, looks like you could get away with an adjustable wrench, at least.

I need one of these. I've already run over one saw with the tractor. Maybe two, I'm often carrying two saws, a 25" and an 18". But...yikes, more than US$300 just to carry saws.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It didn't fit because you measured it in mm! :LOL:

I keed.

More seriously, I wonder how many US manufactured things like this don't sell on the world market strictly because the need for that special-order imperial tool drives the real cost even higher than the already pricey US-made cost. I'm guessing you can't just go down to the local hardware/tool store and pick up inch-sized wrenches in Australia. On this kit, looks like you could get away with an adjustable wrench, at least.

I need one of these. I've already run over one saw with the tractor. Maybe two, I'm often carrying two saws, a 25" and an 18". But...yikes, more than US$300 just to carry saws.
We are all good here. Although “officially” metric we actually use both. Standard sizes are metric but it’s no issue gettin imperial sizes in anything. Our tape measures are mm on one size and inches on the other. Socket sets are both, etc.

That ruler has inches on the back. I just wanted to fool with y’all. :giggle:

Unlike Europe where as you say getting non-metric is a problem. So yes anyone in Europe would need to replace the mounting hardware with metric equivalent.

I’ll post some inch pictures tomorrow for you!:p

Yes, it is certainly a pricey attachment but I bit the bullet as I have bounced a saw right out of the ballast box, and you can’t have it around your feet while you’re driving and I don’t like having it on my lap. It is a really nice product. Basic but purpose made, so….

I was just wanting everyone to know, that when they say it fits a 5 1/2” loader mast, it clearly doesn’t fit a 5” one properly and there is no way José, you’d fit it, to a 5 1/2”.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Look for some nylok jamb nuts.
Yes, I’ll head to our local “bolt ‘n’ nut” and see if they got or can order some.

Shame the U-clamp is not 3/4” longer, then it may even fit on a 5 1/2” loader mast as they describe on the website. The box says 6 inches. (I’d have been happy with 6 mm longer).
I guess they have problems knowing how long 6 inches really is!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like 1/4” plate?
A guy could take the angle grinder to it and thin it a little bit to get more threads on that bolt. I doubt a chainsaw is going to be that heavy to matter
Yes, I figured it didn’t actually matter. I’ve also tightened it so much that it’s going to take a heck of a lot of vibration to come loose. And the weight of a chainsaw is totally insignificant to a 1/2” bolt.

Reactions: rtgt and Kbar

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I had a similar issue when I moved the saw haul from a 120 to a 220 loader. I just took a different approach.
Green Circuit component Gas Electronic component Auto part

Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
2014 1025R
306 Posts
We are all good here. Although “officially” metric we actually use both. Standard sizes are metric but it’s no issue gettin imperial sizes in anything. Our tape measures are mm on one size and inches on the other. Socket sets are both, etc.
TIL!

I had a similar issue when I moved the saw haul from a 120 to a 220 loader. I just took a different approach.
View attachment 855538

View attachment 855539
Nice solution! I wonder if, for @Arrrghh, just running a die down the legs of the U-bolt would be enough. Hell, given the previous conversation, could be a chance to convert it to metric, too! (Though the U-bolt shaft would likely be the wrong size. Dunno, haven't done the math to see if the mm size is close enough to work. Would probably work if the mm size is just slight smaller.)

EDIT: Also realized you'd lose the zinc coating. That's not SS. So it would rust up at some point.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TIL!

Nice solution! I wonder if, for @Arrrghh, just running a die down the legs of the U-bolt would be enough. Hell, given the previous conversation, could be a chance to convert it to metric, too! (Though the U-bolt shaft would likely be the wrong size. Dunno, haven't done the math to see if the mm size is close enough to work. Would probably work if the mm size is just slight smaller.)

EDIT: Also realized you'd lose the zinc coating. That's not SS. So it would rust up at some point.
It’s not the length of the thread but the total length of the U-clamp.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have had I one my 220r loader for about a year. I don't know if it has slid up and is now getting pinched by the loader arm.

I am thinking about moving it to my iMatch, has anyone tried that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts