Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a H260 loader that blew a STH-c hydraulic fitting. I need the release tool to open the fitting. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I have tried the two screwdriver trick, but no go. I can make a release tool, I think if necessary, but the real thing would be better. Is it just the o-ring that goes in these fittings?

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
You can just use two wrenches to unscrew the fitting a bit to release the pressure.

What is a "Schaeffer STH-C" fitting? As familiar as I am with Hydraulics and the fitting/QD's used on the JD tractors, I've never heard of this and a Google search is not helping either.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Is this the tool you are looking for?
That looks like the release tool for push-to-connect fittings shown just to the right of it, those are not used on a H260 loader :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,665 Posts
You can just use two wrenches to unscrew the fitting a bit to release the pressure.

What is a "Schaeffer STH-C" fitting? As familiar as I am with Hydraulics and the fitting/QD's used on the JD tractors, I've never heard of this and a Google search is not helping either.
This is what I found:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,665 Posts
That looks like the release tool for push-to-connect fittings shown just to the right of it, those are not used on a H260 loader :dunno:
I found it on the Schafer site along with info on what they are calling STH-C couplers.

Schäfer - STH-C

Perhaps the OP can describe exactly which loader fitting blew out.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
I saw that too JG, but those are not used on a H260. JD uses (as I know you know) ISO 5675 "AG" style couplers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,665 Posts
I saw that too JG, but those are not used on a H260. JD uses (as I know you know) ISO 5675 "AG" style couplers.
Agree... hopefully the OP will confirm exactly what he has, why he thinks it is a STH-C, and which couplers on his H260 seem to be having trouble.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
They are behind the plastic cover, right side, used at the cross tube. Tractor is a 2015 5085M
Thanks, I had no idea they where used there. We obviously assumed you where asking about the QD's to connect the loader to the tractor. I'm still not sure I see them on the drawing either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
Key 11 & 12 might be the fittings? :dunno: I am glad I have an old school lines on the out side Loaders

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Key 11 & 12 might be the fittings? :dunno: I am glad I have an old school lines on the out side Loaders
I think 12 is the fittings and 11 is the coupling repair kit. I have two repair kits coming, but I might just need the correct o ring, not sure, as I have never took one apart.
Has anyone taken one apart?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I have received the repair kit AW35514 On the package it says, Installation Instructions available online at mypathways.com It appears this is only available to dealers correct? I have tried to get the fitting apart, but no go! If someone could view the online instructions and post for me to read, that would be great!
The last resort is to cut the steel line and remove and replace, but that is $171.00
I would like to learn how to replace the seals in these, as the tractor has I think 6 of these, and the neighbor has the same tractor, and dealer is 3 hours away.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,665 Posts
Ok I have received the repair kit AW35514 On the package it says, Installation Instructions available online at mypathways.com It appears this is only available to dealers correct? I have tried to get the fitting apart, but no go! If someone could view the online instructions and post for me to read, that would be great!
The last resort is to cut the steel line and remove and replace, but that is $171.00
I would like to learn how to replace the seals in these, as the tractor has I think 6 of these, and the neighbor has the same tractor, and dealer is 3 hours away.

Thanks
If you go to your local dealer they should be able to print out the instructions for you.

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
JD should have provided instructions :nunu:

mypathways.com is dealer only :banghead: public should have access :nunu:

jd110 might be able to post the instructions

I like the idea of lines inside loader being protected, BUT even more I like the simpler lines on my old school loaders :mocking:

Lest us know what you find out :bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts