Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cleaner/scratch remover recommended for the hood of the 1026? Thanks.

·
Administrator
22,238 Posts
The parts department at your dealer.

:lol:

Just kidding of course. I use Liquid Ice products like the in-between washes cleaner and wax. Spritz on, wipe off, done.:good2:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my apple tree decided to get a taste of the green machine. Now I have a scratch done the middle of the hood. I might have to pick up some Liquid Ice next time I'm in town.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Buy some 3m foam pad - perfect it - glaze. Its meant to be used with a buffing wheel, but also works well by hand. I would not use a buffing wheel on the plastic hood unless you have a lot of experience.

Take this stuff and rub it into the area where the scratch is. It will feel like its getting hot and thats good. Rub it in circles around the scratch until its almost gone. It will remove small scratches from your hood and your car.

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
Is it metal or plastic?

·
Administrator
22,238 Posts
The hood on the 1 series is made of plastic. Most everything above the frame is plastic or some sort of composite material.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get the 3m foam pad next time I'm in town. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where do you get this stuff other than the Internet? Do you buy the polish and use a rag, or is its use predicated on using a 3M pad?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
You can get it at NAPA or most other car parts stores. You do not need a foam pad to use it. a terry cloth or microfiber towel will work.

The stuff was designed to be used on paint with a circular buffer. But it also works well by hand. You just have to keep rubbing it around the scratch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry to beat this to death, but looking at NAPA and other sites, there are a number of different liquids under this name. Do you have the model number of the stuff you use, as I have a number of scratches on my hood and FEL arms from moving trees and knocking down limbs?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you cannot find it, I will buy it and mail it to you.
I appreciate that, but I just picked up some at NAPA. It seems to have muted some of the scratches on my hood, but I'll have to give it a little more elbow grease compared to the cursory application I tried just a few minutes ago.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Its not like wax. You need to rub it in. You will know its working when it gets warm.

This stuff is meant to be used with a circular buffer, so it like to be rubbed in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.