Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I purchased my bolt-on hooks and clevis mounts for my front loader, I didn't buy the Screw Pin Shackles from Kenny because I already had some that size. When I tried to use mine, I found that they didn't work well with the clevis mounts. I figured that Kenny would have figured this out, so I decided to order his Screw Pin Shackles the next time I placed an order.

So when they were delivered, I tried them out and sure enough they worked perfectly. The color, certainly not JD, reminded me of some extensive threads on what color members were going to paint their hooks. This is a big deal to GTT folks.

So I was planning some spray painting (yellow) and I happened to notice these shackles. Before you know it, I had them lightly sanded and ready to go. I primed them and put on 2 coats of JD yellow.

They look pretty good. With the added primer and paint, the screw pin still goes in with no binding whatsoever. And I'm sure the extra 3 coats increases the WLL.

Keane

shackle1.jpg

shackle2.jpg

shackle3.jpg

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
Over the top as usual Keene :good2:

The shackles we supply are nothing special other than having a small “Bells” (what I call them anyway) so as not to interfere with the bolts/nuts. We don’t make the Clevis longer because of the extra leverage that could be imposed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts