Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my forks on today, moving some timber & brush out to the curb when a chunk od lumber fell under the tractor and I ran over it before I noticed. As a result I :oops: busted my forward pedal arm. I'm at 49.1 hours and due for my 50 hr. as well.

It looks like a relatively easy fix but I want to double check with you guys and see if I'm underestimating the job or should I just have the dealer pick it up and do the works? Trying to be a little proactive in the unlikely event there's any other damage I'm not seeing.

IMG_7754.JPG IMG_7757.JPG :oops:

Thanks Guys!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,320 Posts
I take it this is for the 1025R?
The pedal is $40.64 at Greenfarmparts, one of this site's sponsors. Part number LVU23152

From looking at the diagram, it doesn't seem to be a big deal replacing the pedal, #32.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Go for it... It doesn't appear to be a major fix and while your at it do the 50 hr a little early and thats a breeze to do. While your ordering the new pedal (I don't think even the dealer stocks them) from our sponsor vendor Green Farm order the 50 hour goodies as well. As Im spending your money replace the two fuel filters as well! Grease, re-torque bolts etc. It's a great way to learn your tractor.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've wondered a few times if they make those pedals from that cheap as s--t cast aluminum so that they break, like a fuse, instead of messing up all the linkage etc that they're attached to?

Looks like a simple fix to me.

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
ur way better in price than what one of my steel line's i bent on my 2520 yrs ago. happened kinda the same way, stick under the right side, i saw it, and before i could stop it disappeared. i thought -ok-then i heard a strange noise, got off to see, their was that thumping stick, now wedged up into my steel lines that run the loader.
that one line was almost :think::think: well i can't remember for sure now. but it was over $100 bucks. and it sucked to replace it too.
good luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I take it this is for the 1025R?
The pedal is $40.64 at Greenfarmparts, one of this site's sponsors. Part number LVU23152

From looking at the diagram, it doesn't seem to be a big deal replacing the pedal, #32.

Thanks for the diagram...it looks relatively easy to fix although it's a bit tight down there for my ham hands. I can't justify having the tractor down 7-10 days.:bigthumb:

btw, where did you get the diagram?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've wondered a few times if they make those pedals from that cheap as s--t cast aluminum so that they break, like a fuse, instead of messing up all the linkage etc that they're attached to?

Looks like a simple fix to me.
That sounds reasonable.

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
:cray: ouch . Hope you get it fixed soon . Keep us posted . Good luck . :munch:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It'll probably be easier to change from the top. Once you have the foot board off, everything is wide open.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It'll probably be easier to change from the top. Once you have the foot board off, everything is wide open.
Make sure you keep the old one, have it welded for a spare, or weld it up, and put it back into action....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts