Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can imagine someone paying $70 million dollars for something of that value, but scribbles on a chalkboard? I admit that there's a lot I don't understand about art, but this seems beyond reason. In fact, this "painting" looks suspiciously like something that I created circa 1950 in a rural one room school in S.W. Missouri; for which, incidentally, I was admonished by the teacher and required to erase it with all deliberate speed. :laugh:

Cy Twombly canvas from Sydney and Audrey Irmas auctions for $70.5 million - LA Times

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I agree, it is not what I would call art. But, you have to realize that there are people that have way too much money and don't know what to do with it. In this case it is donated to a charity. That is my interpretation of act. But hey, one man's junk is another man's treasure. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Actually parts of it look like part of my signature.

Art? Hardly. Unless my signature is art because my signature is actually much more interesting to me and those seeking my signature. At least my "loops go in opposite directions" at the transitions.

How someone can look at that and name it New York "something" is completely beyond me. But I also have never considered a crucifix in urine "art" either........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts