Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had trouble getting a hydraulic hose connection made up, FEL to rig. Finally got a different hose end in than got the proper color hose connected. I slid the collar back, but the balls around the circle wouldn’t go in to allow the male to seat properly in. I had cleaned up all the connections with wd-40 in the past but feel fluid film would work better to prevent any grit or such that might have gave me the trouble. Big question is, will it rot out the coupler O-ring ? I thought I had read on the fluid film label that it corrodes rubber and such.

Thx, Don

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Fluid Film should work perfectly and have no effect on the rubber o-rings to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Exactly what Kenny said. Fluid Film is lanolin based - likely safer than WD-40.

I still wonder why people use WD-40 for anything. It isn’t a penetrating oil or a lubricating oil - guess it just smells good.
I use WD solely for what it’s intended and named for-Water Displacement.

It’s a great firearm coating and protectant especially after a rainy or snowy hunt, before storage until next season, etc. I also use it in my steel trailer, to keep and prevent rust from worsting after a trip in inclement weather or after washing down from a winter haul on salty roads.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use WD solely for what it’s intended and named for-Water Displacement.

It’s a great firearm coating and protectant especially after a rainy or snowy hunt, before storage until next season, etc. I also use it in my steel trailer, to keep and prevent rust from worsting after a trip in inclement weather or after washing down from a winter haul on salty roads.
I totally agree. It was the only thing at the time I had in the garage. I have since updated my inventory of stuff in my shop.
Thx all, Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts