Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all so I bought a used 2012 1026 privately and it has DBS, I brought it to my closest dealership which is a 200 mile round trip and they have had it for a month. Today after several calls and texts they got back to me and said the territory manager agreed to pay half the price for the new valve but not any labour. So my question is should I be happy with this as the part is $1300 CAD or should I continue to push as this is a well known problem. The first time I emailed a Deere rep they told me we could possibly do a three way split between myself the dealer and head office, now they are telling me just covering half the part. The other issues is I cannot contact the territory rep directly and plead my case as they refuse to give me his contact information, so I am left only dealing with the dealership. Finally does anyone know how many hours labour is involved in replacing this part so I might have an idea as to the labour costs. Thanks in advance Rick

·
Administrator
18,756 Posts
I may be in the minority but if they are willing to help at all on a 7 year old machine, and not the original owner, I'd accept that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't think it took the tech a whole hour to change the SCV on my 2019 1023e in my driveway... so maybe 2 if they are billing a customer.

If you are mechanically inclined... maybe you could change it yourself to avoid the labor cost?

I'd bet they may not allow that idea...but you could ask.

·
Premium Member
14,088 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,780 Posts
I'll be 4, and side with Ken, Herm, & Pat.

And agree with BWV. If they'll sell the valve to you at half price and you do the labor, I'd take that deal.

Reactions: PJR832 and Kennyd

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
I'll be 4, and side with Ken, Herm, & Pat.

And agree with BWV. If they'll sell the valve to you at half price and you do the labor, I'd take that deal.
If I were the OP, I would be taking this deal and running before they change their mind.....7 years old and not the original owner, I think he better not say anything to the factory rep and get this deal done ASAP.

I am amazed Deere is offering anything. They must be in the spirit of the Holidays, but that will likely vanish after the new year. :mocking:

The rep likely has some budget left to spend before year end and you know how the corporate budget process goes, spend it or you don't get as much next year......and likely won't anyways, just because..............:dunno:

"Go on take the money and run"........"ooo ooo ooo".........."Steve Miller Band", from the FLy like and Eagle album from 1976......

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the input going to take the deal and run then especially if the labour is only going to be a couple of hours I was worried this was an all day job. Makes the decision much easier hearing everyone opinions. Thanks again Rick

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dayum, beyond my wildest dreams. I got a (used when I bought it) 2012 1-26 and at times that DBS drives me nutso. Way to go. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
They should certainly be able to tell you labor before they actually fix it, which would give you a concrete figure. Or at least a very close approximation.
Id hate to think I was going to pay for 2 hours and get 4 instead.

I too would likely take the deal.
The only caveat would be, if they told you they might do a 3 way split, I might ask about it before accepting the 50/50, but Id still take it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So update they are going to charge be approx. $300 for labour which I assume is about 3.5 hours also going to get the full 200 hour service done while its in the shop for an additional $200 in labour plus parts. So they tell me about $1500 total not bad I guess for piece of mind and NO MORE DBS...Thanks again Rick

·
Administrator
18,756 Posts
Thanks for the update Rick.

·
Super Moderator
2,780 Posts
I'd say all in all, that's a fair deal for everything. I think you did well Rick.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I am still trying to find the vendors on this remodeled site. I'm sure it is right in front of my nose.

Anyhow I foggily remember looking the price of a new SCV on green tractor parts and it was right at a grand.

So maybe the moral of the story is to look into a self replacement?

·
Administrator
18,756 Posts
Well, I am still trying to find the vendors on this remodeled site. I'm sure it is right in front of my nose.
Scroll down the forum page, you will have to expand the sub-forum to see them all:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very nice of the dealer to help you out. I just wish Deere would have stepped up and did a recal. With a heavy load on pallet forks it can get pretty “sporty” when you go to curl the bucket and it instead starts to droop. By the time you correct it can start getting really jerky. I guess it hasn’t bothered me enough to spend the $1K to fix it lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts