Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any pdf files on the 318 lawn tractor or do I have to buy the technical book from e-bay? I just acquired this tractor to rebuild and really don't want to spend a bunch of :gizmo: on manuals.:banghead:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Generally Mother Deere is very protective of the copyrights. They can be found online occasionally. As soon as Deere finds them being bootlegged someone gets a nice letter from Deere Legal.

Reactions: xxxhillbilly

·
Registered
409 Posts
Some years back I bought the CD from Deere for the 318. It did not include much info for the engine. CD was kinda pricey but less than the paper copy.

Check out the one offered by Antique John Deere Parts replacement by Davenport Tractor
. It is a paper version that includes the engine, and is reasonably priced. IIRC it covers the 318, 420, and 322. I have purchased other manuals from them since 2008, and they are terrific. You can put them in your own binder or buy theirs with the JD logo.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
I believe CTM-2 is the onan specific manual to compliment the tractor TM. CTM-3 covers yanmars.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would fork out the money for the service manual for the 318. I did that for my 400 and it has paid dividends in the past for me. The manuals are much more in depth than say Haynes Manual you might get for your car these days.

Old iron is a labor of love so don't count the money you are getting ready to spend.....it will just be depressing. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reactions: xxxhillbilly
1 - 7 of 7 Posts