Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wanted to get a longer bolt to replace something on the tractor? How about a different type of nut or fastener? You always have the option of looking for the item at the local hardware store but did you know you can also search for things like nuts and bolts on JD Parts?

I was looking for a longer version of a bolt P/N M807413. So the first thing I did was go to JD Parts and get the specifications for this bolt. You can choose English or Metric specifications.

JD Part Detail.jpg

This tells me it's a M12x30mm bolt with a 1.25 thread pitch. Now to look for a longer bolt.

Go to the JD Parts home page and click Maintenance Part Searches -> By Part Specifications in the lower left hand corner.

JD Parts page 1.jpg

The first page of the Part Specifications Search will come up. Enter the type of part group you are looking for. In this example we are looking for a bolt.

JD Parts page 2.jpg

Next enter the part class. In this case we are looking for a Hex Head Metric bolt.

JD Parts page 3.jpg

You then have the option of viewing graphic representations for the various fastener types.

JD Parts page 4.jpg

Or you can simply enter the name if you already know it. In this case it is a Hex Head. Then click FIND PARTS.

JD Parts page 5.jpg

Next, enter the desired measurements for the bolt you are looking for and click GO. The search results will be displayed. From this screen you can get the parts detail, the price and whether or not your default dealer has the part in stock. You can also add the item to your cart and order directly from JD Parts.

JD Parts page 6.jpg

To confirm if a part meets all of your requirements you can then click on the P/N to bring up the parts detail for that item.

JD Parts page 7.jpg

If you play around with these pages a bit you will see that you can search for all types of items. There is much more detail provided about a part than you typically see in the JD Parts illustrated parts list. This can be very handy when you need something very specific that might not be found at your local hardware store. In my case I decided to go with the M12x100mm bolt in 1.25 thread pitch. Something that would be difficult to find at my local hardware store.

I hope you found this information useful.

·
Registered
20,805 Posts
Now that is just awesome! Since I need to buy just about everything on-line this will be very helpful.

Edit to add - now if I could remember how to bookmark a thread. I hit every button and icon.......

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have to put some time in navigating JD parts. I'm not familiar with some of the nomenclature and/or sections. Yesterday, My three point made a noise and It was the the tractor side draft arm pin. The nut worked loose all the way to the clip that holds the sway link. Threads got bashed but I filed them as best I could and muscled the nut back on to stay in service. I had kinkos print hard copies of the tech and parts manuals and was able to find the part under frame, not 3pt hitch.

Funny thing is, I check the three point prior to every time I roll. Pin was snug in the morning. Also, when I finally found the part to order, the diagram showed no locknut. Seems like a heavy load on that pin and it should have some kind of washer.

I've noticed, that every nut, fitting, coupling etc that has a paint mark on it has never come loose. The only problems I've had re: loosening don't have factory assembly marks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts