Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
With incredible snowfalls the past two years in a row I am finally convinced I must get a snowblower for my 2210. Alas, due to my promotion at work I no longer have time during the day to visit a dealer to inquire and local dealers have not been responsive or helpful by email or phone. Are 2210 setups that rare already or am I being snubbed? Anyone know of a 2 stage snowblower for sale in South east minnesota? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Are 2210 setups that rare already or am I being snubbed?
I would think there shouldn't be availability issues. The quick-attach and drive up front is what's special to your machine, maybe. The blowers (47 & 54) are the same for the 2210, 2305, and the new 1026 & 1023 and others.

I think you are down to a face to face meeting with a salesman. Many dealerships are open on Saturday mornings. Maybe you're presenting in a way that leads them to believe you aren't serious? :unknown:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, gonna hafta go visit Mr. Deere Saturday, was planning just that. Yep, the snowblower unit is a dime a dozen, just can't seem to find one for the 2210/2305 in my area.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Enjoy the quest and keep us posted. A 54" unit would look great in front of your 2210...I'm just sayin'

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
The blower is surely available, but I'm not sure about the Quick Hitch parts. I believe those have been discontinued for these tractors. The only reason I know this is because I just sold the Quick Hitch from my 2305 and the JDParts website showed most everything as being unavailable when I was checking their value. Hopefully, your dealer will prove me wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the quick hitch is discontinued, hoping to find used. Are they using something different, a new model quick hitch, for the new 54" blower, or just hitch kit of some kind? I can't find any information on a front hitch for the 54" blower??

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
the quick hitch is discontinued, hoping to find used. Are they using something different, a new model quick hitch, for the new 54" blower, or just hitch kit of some kind? I can't find any information on a front hitch for the 54" blower??
The QH is 100% the same.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Are the QH's for the 2210 and the 2305 the same? I can't believe Deere would discontinue the QH for the 2305 when it just went out of production. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Try this.

Here is an exersise you can have some fun with. Go to JDParts and enter the tractor model, look up the front quick hitch parts. Then search for the next tractor model and compare its quick hitch part numbers. If the same, we have a winner. Or once you find the part numbers type them into the where-used section and you will see all kinds of info. Have fun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh JOY! :mocking: I already knew the 2210/2305 use the same front quicktatch. (I meant to say in the other post the quick hitch is discontinued for the 2210) Playing with the part lookup (frustrating) I see no attachments listed for the 1023/1026??? I was ready to find that the same front quick tatch fits the new tractors too, but couldn't prove it. But as you implied the parts list apparntly shows that the 54" blower uses the same front hitch as the 47". So for my 2210 I am looking for a used front hitch for either the 2210 or 2305. Snowblower 47sbx is a common machine used and there are some nice ones on ebay. But will see what dealer man says...

·
Registered
280 Posts
here is a chart for the 1023/26s attchments

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ah! Zee front heetch appears to be zee same for zee 2210, 2305,1023,1026, 47 and zee 54 eench snowblowers! E=MC 2 ?? Veddy INterestink...:laugh:

Visited Mr. Deere this morning. The one guy who was there was not much help other than to quote me $3400 for a new 47" blower setup. I think it would be silly to put a new machine on an 8 year old tractor especiallly with my gravel driveway. This guy couldn't even quote a 54" snowblower for me 2210 saying "it doesn't list a 54 blower for the 2210." to which I'm thinking ("DUH!"). No, he couldnt even tell if the quick hitch is the same for a 2210 as a 2305. Couldnt determine if a 54" blower would fit a 2210. It's a quick hitch blower isn't it?
Okay, back to Machinefinder and Ebay.(please dont' bid against me, folks!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts