Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any simple modifications they have made to their seat on their 1025r? Mine bottoms out bad and actually kind of has a laid back position to it, so I find myself always readjusting in the seat to find a comfortable and functional spot. I'm so tired of it being uncomfortable I'm actually considering putting a old steel tractor seat on it off like a 1939 JD or a Ford 8N which I actually find to be more comfortable and takes the absorption much better.
Pictures if you got them of your mods.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Me too. You'll love them! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Satisfied customer

I, too, have psrumors seat springs. Great ride. BUY THEM. They're cheap.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Just as a point of information, are you referring to a "Swivelling Back Hoe" seat or the single position seat. The BH seat has some issues with locking into the forward position once in a while. If it's not locked just right it rides like a stone and somehow defeats the suspension.

IF it's a regular seat try and score some PSrumors's springs. I do LIKE a harder ride and they helped my BH seat. (It still sticks once in a while (not due to replacement springs, but the complicated linkages in the suspension) when returning it to "forward" and I have not located the problem yet. It's been totally replaced and now the new one is doing it. To be continued...)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does "psrumors" sell "softer" springs? At 150 pounds, I have never felt my seat springs move....:munch:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Does "psrumors" sell "softer" springs? At 150 pounds, I have never felt my seat springs move....:munch:
They are some stiffer to keep from bottoming out for heavier people.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They are some stiffer to keep from bottoming out for heavier people.
I guess us lighter people have weight problems too...:laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
FYI, I'd test the actual free movement of your seat by removing 1 spring and seeing if the seat really is free to move up and down. My old one used to lock in the unoccupied position, felt like a wagon seat...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Travis,

You are VERY welcome. :hi:

Just one of the many benefits of being a member of GTT ... being able to help a fellow tractor nut.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed psrumors springs tonight and went for a test ride. All I have to say is phenomenal. It's nice that they are stiff enough to keep you up right and not give you that feeling like you are reclining in the seat also. I would recommend these springs to anyone. Thanks psrumors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installed psrumors springs tonight and went for a test ride. All I have to say is phenomenal. It's nice that they are stiff enough to keep you up right and not give you that feeling like you are reclining in the seat also. I would recommend these springs to anyone. Thanks psrumors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get my new 1025R Thursday... and while loving the tractor this is the first thing i noticed .... How does a guy get a hold of him to order a set? any help would be great, Thanks!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
I get my new 1025R Thursday... and while loving the tractor this is the first thing i noticed .... How does a guy get a hold of him to order a set? any help would be great, Thanks!!
You may have just done it but you could PM (Private Message) psrumors.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I painted mine JD Yellow so the dealer couldn't miss 'em... all three times he worked on and finally replacing the seat!:laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts