Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to protect the seats in my new Chevy Colorado truck. I use it for commuting to work and don't want to ruin the seats because I'll get them dirty. I am a mechanic as y'all know.:good2:

So I'd like to find a set that is a custom fit, easy to remove and clean, will stand up to the normal wear and grime, and compliments the black interior of the truck. Any recommendations?

Registered
This is what I bought for my Silverado.

Cabela's TrailGear Seat Covers : Cabela's

Mine are gray and black. You may want something a bit more fancy and more of a custom fit. I tend to be a bit thrifty, although some might call me cheap.

I wanted to protect the seats for the same reason as you. I tend to get dirty at work at times, however, the main reason is because I eat and drink coffee in the truck. French fry grease and coffee seem to be impossible to remove. These are cheap enough that I can change them when they get too dirty. I am not a big fan of the cloth interior that GM uses.

Super Moderator
:munch::munch:

Administrator
While not seat cover related, this is about outfitting your truck: Last year I got one of these UVA1000 heat shields for my 2500HD, I can highly recommend one for your (or anyone's) vehicle. Gone are the days of wrestling with" universal" flimsy ill-fitting shields.

They have some seat cover too, but no personal experience with them

UVS100 Custom Sunscreens - UV Protection for the Interior

Reactions: johnH123 and glc

Registered
I got about 7 years out of neoprene ones made by Hatchie Bottom before I wore through the driver's side seat. The rest of the cover is fine.

Super Moderator
I'm looking to protect the seats in my new Chevy Colorado truck. I use it for commuting to work and don't want to ruin the seats because I'll get them dirty. I am a mechanic as y'all know.:good2:

So I'd like to find a set that is a custom fit, easy to remove and clean, will stand up to the normal wear and grime, and compliments the black interior of the truck. Any recommendations?
You bought a new Chevy.......??? :kidw_truck_smiley: :banghead:

These were the thing to put on your seats..............back in the day.

Seem appropriate for a new Chevy. Just sayin'

Cool Seat Covers.jpg

Administrator
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, that's right Frank. Since I don't work for Ford, I'm allowed to choose the best that's out there. :thumbup1gif:

Old Pa-pa

That's something I need to address with the F 150, cloth seats, should have got leather :banghead:.
Been using a beach towel I carry under the back seat when I'm all cruddy and in a rush, just a matter of time before I screw up.:banghead::banghead:

Super Moderator
Yup, that's right Frank. Since I don't work for Ford, I'm allowed to choose the best that's out there. :thumbup1gif:
Jason, Congratulations on your new ride. FYI, at one time I was a GM guy too! :thumbup1gif:

Administrator
Discussion Starter #12

Premium Member
Nice looking truck, Jason.

Congrats!

Super Moderator

Administrator
Discussion Starter #15
They're already there. Ghost flames. Can't see them in most lighting. :lol:

Super Moderator

Old Pa-pa
DS, I call BS on the ghost flames............:peace:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Gizmo will believe the "Ghost flames" thing, he'll be staring at those pics for hours trying
to see them. :lol:

Administrator
Discussion Starter #19
I do like that. :good2: Won't work for the Colorado, but I do like it nonetheless.

BTW, my username doesn't have anything to do with "rolling coal" as the kids say these days. But I can see how it may be interpreted that way. :lol:

Administrator
I hope it's the diesel engine, if not you'll have to change your username. Maybe "gas cloud"...
Having spend time with Jason, I would agree with this:mocking: Ms. DS would too I think :lolol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts