Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here so hopefully I'm in the right forum...

I'm looking to replace my torn and soggy seat cushions / seat package on my 5425. I have tried a couple off the shelf from TS and they are largely crap compared to the OEM. Any suggestions on aftermarket... I'm not opposed to welding / drilling and tapping holes to make the right cushions work on the original frame. I am largely on bumpy terrain / in the woods so a quality seat cushion is appreciated. The thin padding and scant proportions of the TS, off the shelf, is clearly apparent here.

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
If you want to replace the whole seat a lot of people use the deluxe seat from northern tool. It's the same seat used on a lot of high end mowers from Deere only black. If you want to replace the cushion only order thru dealer. On my 67 1020 the whole seat pan was shot I just got a cheap seat off eBay for around 100$. The suspension drove me nuts I took the spring off. I am a LARGE man and all my seats bottom out anyway so why have the bounce.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My JD 6420 seat is very nice but looking at the prices I sure hope it has an extremely loooonnnngggg life!
Leo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts