Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to offer upgraded seat springs for John Deere 1025R/1026R and some X-Series tractors. These are an upgraded version of the "PSRUMORS" springs made famous on the GreenTractorTalk forum. The new springs are rated for 130 pounds each (260 pounds per pair) and offer a performance increase of over 25% from the original OEM springs, and a 10% increase over the current ones.

Known X-Series models with the LVA16309 Suspension Seat Platform these will fit: x575, x728, x748, x758

Some history on the seat springs:
-> The original OEM springs (JD Part #AM153100) were rated for 103 pounds each (206 pounds per pair).
-> The PSRUMORS upgrade replacements were rated for 125 pounds each (250 pounds per pair).
-> Sometime in late 2013 thru mid 2014 John Deere updated the springs (JD Part #AM145323), they are now rated at 118 pounds each (236 pounds per pair). These springs are still being used today by John Deere.
-> November 2015, KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC introduces upgraded springs rated for 130 pounds each (260 pounds per pair).

Specifications:
• Plain steel finish, ready to be painted
• Rated for 130lbs each, 260lbs per pair
• Installs in 15 minutes or less!
• Simple installation with only a 3/16" allen and 7/16" wrench
• No modifications to tractor
Made in the USA

Please visit the website for more info and ordering: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<JD One Series Accessories>>

1S Seat Springs (Small).JPG

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Let me say, I have been using a set of these upgraded springs for a few hours now and they are the cat's meow. I've put on a few pounds and needed just a little bit more support and these are just right.

I'm at 255 lbs and these springs keep me off the bump stops and are nice and smooth.

Good work Kenny :bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
Let me say, I have been using a set of these upgraded springs for a few hours now and they are the cat's meow. I've put on a few pounds and needed just a little bit more support and these are just right.

I'm at 255 lbs and these springs keep me off the bump stops and are nice and smooth.

Good work Kenny :bigthumb:
psrumors; I guess their is note a way to put 2 of these springs side by side for say on a x475? big jim just one set for me would probably just bottom out-right. I hate to say this, but I'm right now at 375lbs.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Some guys have screwed one spring inside the other and then pried them into place. If the x475 has the same suspension setup as the 1025 it might be an option.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks KEN for update... this now goes on my list for the next order to you.....

Mike

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Kenny

You are a beacon of hope for fat scut owners everywhere. I'll be ordering a set.

The order page on your site is a little unclear. Does "$30 each" mean per set of two or per spring?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Hey Kenny

You are a beacon of hope for fat scut owners everywhere. I'll be ordering a set.

The order page on your site is a little unclear. Does "$30 each" mean per set of two or per spring?
Not to speak for Kenny but I am 100% certain that is for a set (two) of springs.

Note the box next to it

Includes Two Unfinished Springs

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not to speak for Kenny but I am 100% certain that is for a set (two) of springs.

Note the box next to it
Yep. Now I see it. Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the confusion, I will update the website later. They are indeed sold as a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Seat Springs Installation Video

We got our seat springs from KBOGH.

We decided to put together a video to help with installation.

These springs are definitely heavier than the previous batch of psrumors springs (which I also had...thanks psrumors!). I think I'm gonna appreciate them!

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kenny:

This looks like great talent to sign up for advertising. Excellent presentation timmarks.
Yes, they are already under contract, all it cost me was VIP status at Cheeburger Cheeburger | All Natural Angus Burger Restaurant :mocking: If their fame continues I'll have to add in 5-Guys next :lolol:

cheeBurger.jpg

But seriously, Tim and Katriel went above and beyond with this video (and the last one on the Diff Pedal extension), I can't express my gratitude enough to both of them.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Kenny:

This looks like great talent to sign up for advertising. Excellent presentation timmarks.
So, I guess I just watched my hopes for a job go up in smoke. :lol:
Great Video Tim and Katriel. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
So, I guess I just watched my hopes for a job go up in smoke. :lol:
Great Video Tim and Katriel. :thumbup1gif:
Yes, but you are still the Kennyd Fan Club Captain. It may pay better than being a video talent. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a cheeseburger today!

·
Registered
444 Posts
When I first got my 1025r I noticed I would bottom out the seat on bumps. Now I am about 225#.
Swapped in the KBOGH seat springs and commenced about an hour of loader work. What a difference!
Thank you

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
When I first got my 1025r I noticed I would bottom out the seat on bumps. Now I am about 225#.
Swapped in the KBOGH seat springs and commenced about an hour of loader work. What a difference!
Thank you
Yep. Now, you can eat another cheeseburger, and maybe even a doughnut for desert!

Tim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great Addition

Ordered these and they were deleivered a few days later. Took 15 minutes or less to install and no more riding on the bump stops and I go about 275# +/-.

Thanks Kenny!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts