Green Tractor Talk banner

Seat Spring Upgrade for 1025/1026/X-Series Tractors

16K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  MattL 
#1 ·
KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to offer upgraded seat springs for John Deere 1025R/1026R and some X-Series tractors. These are an upgraded version of the "PSRUMORS" springs made famous on the GreenTractorTalk forum. The new springs are rated for 130 pounds each (260 pounds per pair) and offer a performance increase of over 25% from the original OEM springs, and a 10% increase over the current ones.

Known X-Series models with the LVA16309 Suspension Seat Platform these will fit: x575, x728, x748, x758

Some history on the seat springs:
-> The original OEM springs (JD Part #AM153100) were rated for 103 pounds each (206 pounds per pair).
-> The PSRUMORS upgrade replacements were rated for 125 pounds each (250 pounds per pair).
-> Sometime in late 2013 thru mid 2014 John Deere updated the springs (JD Part #AM145323), they are now rated at 118 pounds each (236 pounds per pair). These springs are still being used today by John Deere.
-> November 2015, KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC introduces upgraded springs rated for 130 pounds each (260 pounds per pair).

Specifications:
• Plain steel finish, ready to be painted
• Rated for 130lbs each, 260lbs per pair
• Installs in 15 minutes or less!
• Simple installation with only a 3/16" allen and 7/16" wrench
• No modifications to tractor
Made in the USA

Please visit the website for more info and ordering: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<JD One Series Accessories>>

Coil spring Auto part Tire Spiral Suspension part

See less See more
#2 ·
Let me say, I have been using a set of these upgraded springs for a few hours now and they are the cat's meow. I've put on a few pounds and needed just a little bit more support and these are just right.

I'm at 255 lbs and these springs keep me off the bump stops and are nice and smooth.

Good work Kenny :bigthumb:

#3 ·
psrumors; I guess their is note a way to put 2 of these springs side by side for say on a x475? big jim just one set for me would probably just bottom out-right. I hate to say this, but I'm right now at 375lbs.

#5 ·
Thanks KEN for update... this now goes on my list for the next order to you.....

Mike

#6 · (Edited)
Hey Kenny

You are a beacon of hope for fat scut owners everywhere. I'll be ordering a set.

The order page on your site is a little unclear. Does "$30 each" mean per set of two or per spring?

Reactions: Kennyd and BigJim55
#8 ·
Yep. Now I see it. Thanks.

Reactions: BigJim55
#9 ·
Sorry for the confusion, I will update the website later. They are indeed sold as a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Seat Springs Installation Video

We got our seat springs from KBOGH.

We decided to put together a video to help with installation.

These springs are definitely heavier than the previous batch of psrumors springs (which I also had...thanks psrumors!). I think I'm gonna appreciate them!

#12 ·
Yes, they are already under contract, all it cost me was VIP status at Cheeburger Cheeburger | All Natural Angus Burger Restaurant :mocking: If their fame continues I'll have to add in 5-Guys next :lolol:

Hamburger Cheeseburger Junk food Fast food Whopper

But seriously, Tim and Katriel went above and beyond with this video (and the last one on the Diff Pedal extension), I can't express my gratitude enough to both of them.

#21 · (Edited)
Wanted to post an update for the seat springs for MY18 and newer.

Ken’s instructions are awesome and they tell you on the MY18/and near you have to detach the two retaining belts at the rear of the seat base, they also hold the seat belt bracket assembly. It is super easy to get them off. Allen wrench and flat ope end wrench to hold the nut from underneath. Because the rear retaining rod is directly below the bolt and nut you cannot even get a closed end wrench over the nut, tight clearance.

So you get you new spings in and goto put the seat belt bracket and retaining straps back on. The bracket assembly is tippy, you need to hold that, compress the seat base, hold the nut in position and start the screw. Ahhhhhhh.

Here are a couple of things to make it less frustrating. I took my knee and compressed the seat mount a bit and then used a large C-clamp from bottom of seat frame to top plate to hold compression and the seat belt bracket in position.

I put some painters tape on one side of the open wrench to hold the nut in the wrench under the hole while I started the nut. “Remeber Near zero clearance between the nut and the rear rod so you can’t use you finger.

I am sure this is much easier without the cab.

In this picture the far seat belt strap is mounted. You can see the near one lying by the clamp.

#22 ·
Well, hate to say it, but I purchased the upgraded springs from BoltOnHooks and they are not making much of a difference (or as much as I hoped). Yes, they are installed properly.
I am still looking for different seating options as the standard John Deere 1025r seat is not very ergonomic and does not support my back well. I hate to spend $600-1000 for a new seat. Any other suggestions?

#23 ·
Butt burrito is one option. The springs definitely made a difference for me, but I still bottomed out more than I'd like, however I also was a good bit heavier than the spring rating, so I expected it.

Reactions: vreez
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.