Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded the old seat with the frame of the new suspension seat without buying the whole seat. Best I remember Deere wanted like 700 bucks for the new seat with the black stripes. I could care less about the black stripes but the new suspension is way better than the old. I have one mower with the old and one with the new suspension seat. I would like to upgrade the suspension frame on the old to match the new. If anyone has done this it would be nice to know the part number and where they bought it and what if cost.

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
Interesting, didn't know there was a new suspension seat out for the 900 series.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Administrator
20,980 Posts
All the seats are so drastically different on bolt patterns. But it’s should take much, still some holes here and there. Maybe the holes are already there? Could match the current pattern you have. Perhaps some JDParts searching and looking up the part information could help?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer my own question. This is what I found out from deere yesterday. There are two different kind of new suspension seats out with the black stripes. The only difference is the latest has the comfort glide system that allows the seat to side front to back to help with jolts of running over holes and such. Half the mowers at my local dealer have the comfort glide on the mowers and half were not. So you better pay attention when you by. You can also lock the comfort glide to where it doesn't slide. That's the way I've been running my new mower without even knowing it.

The glide may or may not be for everyone but the newer suspension seat is 10 times better than the old one (you know the one bought a week before my dealer had the new ones).

So after thinking about it for so long and going from my new mower to my old mower I had finally decided to spend the $750 and upgrade my seat on the old to match the new mower. I get down there and they tell me me that the new seat is now $1500! They have lost there minds. So I get home do a little researching on line and I think I have found the same seat on Seat Warehouse with out the black stripes, Deere symbol, back pocket, or comfort glide for $550. I've ordered it and will see if it performs the same as the new one I have minus the comfort glide.

This is a game changer for those who are mow 20 plus hours a week. I'm running tweels on the back zglide on the front of both mowers and I've got the tweels for the front too but didn't like them. But with this seat you can really mow fast over some rough terrain. I'll let you know if the new seat works out. From what I have seen All the 900 series have the same bolt holes pattern.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,097 Posts

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I think the new 994R comes with one.
I added it as an upgrade option on my new Z930M. It makes a big difference in comfort.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I added it as an upgrade option on my new Z930M. It makes a big difference in comfort.
I was up at the dealer last week and that seat is nice. I took rough measurements just to see how close it was to mine.

The bolt holes on the base were 11” center to center both in length and width. The back of the seat overhung 5” from the rear set of bolts. I think it might be too wide for mine.

Reactions: trboxman and Gizmo2

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just picked up a 930M with the black stripe seat, but no comfort glide lever. Is the comfort slide an up charge, or standard on the later models? My machine was built 3/2018. I asked my dealer specifically about the build date as I was concerned I would miss out on any updates. These dealers irritate me sometimes, it’s their job to know this stuff!

2018 - 1025R
120R, 54SB, iMatch, BB5060L, RB5060L, AP10F
2018 Z930M

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Interesting on the new seat. Not sure it is worth it for me. I don't sit in the seat enough to warrant it. If I mowed commercially maybe. It is just our yard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts