Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couple videos took with my phone yesterday afternoon cutting one of the fields. We started second cutting. Weather is so nice for August, low humidity and low 80’s for temps. Should be a be to bale these two by tomorrow afternoon. Not as good as Pat’s or Tim’s videos, but not too bad driving with one hand and holding phone. Had to get 4010’s spinner on there for the haters :lol:.

2nd cutting #2 8-8-19 - YouTube

August 9, 2019 - YouTube

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Glad you started this thread, I should be mowing down quite a bit today, after a few more checks of the weather.

·
Registered
21,163 Posts
Man - I miss doing stuff like this. May sound weird but I was kind of mesmerized by your videos. The harmony of the tractor engine and the implements running is just music to my ears.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you started this thread, I should be mowing down quite a bit today, after a few more checks of the weather.
For once we are not rushed by weather. Nothing in sight for 10 days. :yahoo:. Cousin gonna stop today and check another field that is usually cut by a neighbor, but he noticed it hasn’t been cut yet this year. See if owner will let us cut it. If so will drop it this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Man - I miss doing stuff like this. May sound weird but I was kind of mesmerized by your videos. The harmony of the tractor engine and the implements running is just music to my ears.
Gotta get a go pro so can record more things and make it easier. Phone does a good job just need a mount. I also half the time forget to record. Try to remember and get some more this weekend. Yea the ole 4010 purs along.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Change of plans
Now saying widespread showers tomorrow. I’d roll the dice on a “chance”, but it’s not worth it for a lot of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Couple videos took with my phone yesterday afternoon cutting one of the fields. We started second cutting. Weather is do nice for August, low humidity and low 80’s for temps. Should be a be to bale these two by tomorrow afternoon. Not as good as Pat’s or Tim’s videos, but not too bad driving with one hand and holding phone. Had to get 4010’s spinner on there for the haters :lol:.

August 9, 2019 - YouTube
Thanks for sharing.

Nice spinner. At least it is on a tractor than warrants it. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Change of plans
Now saying widespread showers tomorrow. I’d roll the dice on a “chance”, but it’s not worth it for a lot of rain.

Rolling the dice vs. crap shoot?

Your second cut? Do you get a chance at a 3rd?

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Rolling the dice vs. crap shoot?

Your second cut? Do you get a chance at a 3rd?
No, small operation. Real farms will get 3 or sometimes even 4, but we only bale so the small yields would make it not economical.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Well maybe the rain and some sunshine will net you a little more to bale.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Well maybe the rain and some sunshine will net you a little more to bale.
I’d really like that, the later into August we get the harder is to get it dry enough for baling. If we still had the farm we wouldn’t worry too much because we would be chopping it anyway.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Change of plans

Cutting hay or pouring concrete draws rain faster than the best ever Indian rain dance

·
Registered
760 Posts
Couple videos took with my phone yesterday afternoon cutting one of the fields. We started second cutting. Weather is do nice for August, low humidity and low 80’s for temps. Should be a be to bale these two by tomorrow afternoon. Not as good as Pat’s or Tim’s videos, but not too bad driving with one hand and holding phone. Had to get 4010’s spinner on there for the haters :lol:.

August 9, 2019 - YouTube
Great looking alfalfa......thx for the video.....we will probably start our second cutting on grass hay in a wk or two when I get home from traveling

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Cutting hay or pouring concrete draws rain faster than the best ever Indian rain dance
Isn’t that the truth!!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boy ain’t that the truth.

Yea and before I cut, yesterday morning I washed and waxed my truck. Cousin wasn’t too happy with me :lolol: he said it’s gonna rain for sure now.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the two fields baled today. We decided to get some square bales in the barn since the weather is cooler and no humidity. Nice to have some squares for inside feeding if we have to. Got 360 squares and 14 rounds done today. I rode the wagon today (with help)and let cousin bale. Pics and a short video of hauling last wagon back. Did take have much time to take many and stacking the wagon I leave my phone on the tractor, out of the dust. Will Get rounds out of field and wagons unloaded tomorrow as we all had enough for one day.

2nd Cutting square bale 8-10-19 - YouTube

Attachments

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Wife took a couple pics. Crap can someone flip for me

Attachments

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Jason!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great wagon and crew!!!

Curious about thoughts on your rake bad or good....I have a wheel rake and a old bar rake been wanting to try a rotary if i can find one very rare around here
Love the rotary rake. Kuhn we bought several years ago, can’t remember model # at the moment. 3 point, pto so nice raking can pick it up over wind rows and easy transport. We had to rebuild it last winter the main gear that drives the tines had some teeth missing. Parts are readily available. Really like it especially for alfalfa as it fluffs the hay up instead of twisting it like a 5 bar does, thus better drying. Don’t even use the 5 bar anymore unless we are trying to hurry and two of us are raking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts