Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the split ring clips on my 1025R turnbuckles and tried just tightening the turnbuckles and leave them off. But without them they work loose fairly quickly. May go to an R-Clip, but I don't care for them either.

Any alternatives?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
I have the split ring clips on my 1025R turnbuckles and tried just tightening the turnbuckles and leave them off. But without them they work loose fairly quickly. May go to an R-Clip, but I don't care for them either.

Any alternatives?
3 point hitch?

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the bungee cord idea.

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
iMatch or other QH, set and forget...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iMatch or other QH, set and forget...
I have been thinking about the quick hitches, but another $2-400 and $30 plus for bushings on the implements is starting to push the window. I'll stick to the 3-point for now. I'm getting pretty good with it as long as I don't have to jack with that circle cotter, split ring, what ever it is formally called.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
I use the bungee cord, and I have the Qh. Because if you don't still use the bungee cord with QH for 3PT is still going side to side all over the place.
It can sway ,guessing 2-3" either direction.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have been thinking about the quick hitches, but another $2-400 and $30 plus for bushings on the implements is starting to push the window. I'll stick to the 3-point for now. I'm getting pretty good with it as long as I don't have to jack with that circle cotter, split ring, what ever it is formally called.
Northern tool has bushings for $12.99

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
It may be a sin, but I'm heading towards this QH...
Search results for: 'quick hitch'
...since even the green ones have some fitment problems (according to what I read here). If I'm going to have to modify my stuff anyway I might just as well save $'s going in. Watch for on-line coupons or newspaper ads, they usually go $20 under list...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
It may be a sin, but I'm heading towards this QH...
Search results for: 'quick hitch'
...since even the green ones have some fitment problems (according to what I read here). If I'm going to have to modify my stuff anyway I might just as well save $'s going in. Watch for on-line coupons or newspaper ads, they usually go $20 under list...
That's what I have as well as others on here. I don't need it but have it.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
That's what I have as well as others on here. I don't need it but have it.
I really don't "need it" either, but it will make it easier in the winter to drop the b-box outside someplace and give me 3' more shop floor space behind the tractor. Man, it's getting crowded back in there!:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts