Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also managed to get this installed today . With all the growth coming this way , I figure I better prepare . It alerts my phone with motion activation and allows me to speak when doorbell is pushed . Pretty cool !!!:bigthumb:

Bench Build 2 008.JPG

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
I hear them advertised all the time, songs like a neat setup-looking forwards to a review after you have used it some.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I put one of those in last year for somebody. Be aware that it requires more upload bandwidth. I also put in two security cameras for them at the same time and with 3 devices uploading, they did not have enough bandwidth. Another thing to be aware of for those considering this. It requires that you already have a wired doorbell.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put one of those in last year for somebody. Be aware that it requires more upload bandwidth. I also put in two security cameras for them at the same time and with 3 devices uploading, they did not have enough bandwidth. Another thing to be aware of for those considering this. It requires that you already have a wired doorbell.

Dave
You are right about the bandwidth and I knew that going in . Being rural has it's limitations , but with all the growth , I expect it will improve .:bigthumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed some many Aiphones back in the day, it was cutting edge tech to pick up a separate phone and the little screen lights up showing the person ringing but that was when most still had cassette tape answering machines.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You are right about the bandwidth and I knew that going in . Being rural has it's limitations , but with all the growth , I expect it will improve .:bigthumb:
Being rural doesn't mean slow internet. Support your local WISP.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts