Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to build a dolly to facilitate removing and installing 260b to my 1025r

Does someone have a video showing how they use their dolly?

Is it a problem if the dolly is too low? I understand that too high is a problem.

I found the plans and instruction in two GTT threads.

THANKS in advance!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Going to build a dolly to facilitate removing and installing 260b to my 1025r

Does someone have a video showing how they use their dolly?

Is it a problem if the dolly is too low? I understand that too high is a problem.

I found the plans and instruction in two GTT threads.

THANKS in advance!
I threw money at the problem of backhoe storage and bought the BXpanded storage backhoe dolly. It's well built, but to your question it does seem to be a game of precise measurements to make it easy to get on and off. The front height measurement and the overall length to have a good pocket for the bucket to sit in are probably most important. Buy some good HD casters too.

Here's a video of a 260 backhoe from YouTube (not mine). There seems to be a lot of other videos from orange tractors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrF74NZLgw

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I threw money at the problem of backhoe storage and bought the BXpanded storage backhoe dolly. It's well built, but to your question it does seem to be a game of precise measurements to make it easy to get on and off. The front height measurement and the overall length to have a good pocket for the bucket to sit in are probably most important. Buy some good HD casters too.

Here's a video of a 260 backhoe from YouTube (not mine). There seems to be a lot of other videos from orange tractors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrF74NZLgw
I believe that video is from a member of GTT's own, chex313! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you for making the effort to find the video.

Greatly appreciated

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Zeke posted my version of the dolly(I put up one for removal and install), I had the spare lumber laying around and the 1000lb casters were $20. It just needs to slide under the frame so that is the height...and just wide enough to be stable. For length, I ended up shortening mine after the vid (I think). It only has to be long enough to catch the bucket.

I think every homemade one is different, and they all work fine. In the comments on that vid the measurements are listed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts