Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On any 4x4 tractor or truck I have owned, they would not turn very well when 4x4 was engaged.
The new X700 series has full time 4x4. Does this cause any problem with turning?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I've had no issues at all with scrubbing or tearing of my lawn, even when wet. I have the HDAP tires so if there was to be a problem, I'd have thought they would be the ones to have caused lawn scrubbing....but they don't. I had a X585 that required manual switching to 4x4 and I don't see a difference at all between 4x4 on the X748 and 4x2 on the X585.

hope that helps....Keith

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
The x700 series 4 wheel drive is hydraulic, not mechanical. It is a lot more forgiving.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The dealer told me the X7xx series AWD had a valve in the steering so when the wheels turned the inside wheels would get less hydraulic force helping it turn with out issue. We were back and forth on the X748SE and the 1026R. My wife wanted the X and I wanted the R. We demo'd the R and I knew it was the one. The X's seemed nice and all, but I liked the 4x4 lever and the size of the R. Never looked back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts