Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come up with another of hair-brained ideas. But I need to do some research. Do any of you know how the self leveling FELs work? Or could you point me in the direction of some information? Unfortunatly that option is not offered on my little 2000 series machines. And no, I am not looking to make my FEL self leveling, at least not yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well, there are MANY ways to achieve Self Leveling...some better then others....

Even just within the Deere brand for example, the loaders on the 4 series use a completly different method then the loaders on the 5 series.

PERSONALLY Speaking, if I were to even try and attempt it, I'd probably use a system similar to the Deere 5xx and 6xx loaders:

Seems simple & Elegant.
PROBABLY would also just start from scratch designing my own loader.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it, thanks Dave, just what I was looking for. I am interested in the mechical linkage style. This will help a lot.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I agree with Dave that the 5 and 6000 series are a bit more simple, but they all are designed to do the same thing. I think its easier to build or modify something to make it like the 4000 series.
True they "Do the same thing"....Just dont copy the geometry of the 4x series loaders.
The 5/6 series and many other color loaders dont have the dump angle issues and binding issues associated with the 4x loader. I think the engineers were more concerned with styling when they did the 400cx.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info, you guys have more than answered my question. I am not really interested in modifying my loader, just was wonder how the how principal was achieved. Had a goofy idea about self-leveling and the 3pt. Haven't convinced myself it is warrented though. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Randy,
For the most part it is a matter of utilizing parallel arms to control/maintain the angle just as is used on windshield wipers. I would think this would be the easy thing to copy.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy,
For the most part it is a matter of utilizing parallel arms to control/maintain the angle just as is used on windshield wipers. I would think this would be the easy thing to copy.
Thanks Steve, Yeah the geometry isn't that complicated once I started to think about it. I have since decided to hold off on this idea.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randy,
Isn't the 200CX fel you have listed in your signature self leveling?
No, the 200 FELs do not have this feature. I believe the 300s do though.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Brian, I was to lazy to look it up.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well excuuuse my ignorance:laugh: I assumed the X models were non leveling and the CX models were self leveling by these designations. Guess I was wro wron you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well excuuuse my ignorance:laugh: I assumed the X models were non leveling and the CX models were self leveling by these designations. Guess I was wro wron you know what I mean.
The 200s the x is a permenent attachment where the cx is has a stand and is easily removed. Not going to talk about the 300s or 400s, got in trouble the last time I guessed.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think about it and just don't do it.

I really don't like my 542 SL, but it is what I have.

D.
Way ahead of you, I was thinking of how to incorporate it in to the 3pt.

It is too bad they don't make it so you could lock it out when you don't need it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts