Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had a life changing event and unfortunately I must sell my barely used 2012 Deere 1026r with loader, MMM, and box blade. Does anyone have experience selling one privately? I am not even sure where to start besides Craigslist. Thanks

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I would get the word out to the local dealers and may even try ebay. When I sold my 4410 in 2005 it sold on eBay for a very fair price.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I bought my 2520 off EBay. A well written listing with a few good pictures. The right buyer may take a while to come along for your price. After figuring my cost to go pickup a machine up to 1000 miles away one came up that was 30 miles away, I had been looking for about 6 months. I bought it the next day and have been pleased ever since. Price, location and keeping it listed, be patient. Hope all goes well with your life changing event.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Try tractorhouse.com as well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
CraigsList worked very well for me when I sold my x540. I had a lot of people call and sold it for a very fair price. Best of luck to you.

·
Administrator
17,965 Posts
We also have a For Sale section here ;)

Unfortunately you will be competing with dealers that can offer zero or near-zero percent interest rates, and full warranty's on a new 1025R. Not a lot of people have that kind of cash sitting around nowadays.

·
Premium Member
14,720 Posts

Unfortunately you will be competing with dealers that can offer zero or near-zero percent interest rates, and full warranty's on a new 1025R. Not a lot of people have that kind of cash sitting around nowadays.
Agreed ,that will be one of his problems , selling a like new machine. Unless he's willing to take a little loss he may it a while.
As others have said, ebay, tractorhouse, this forum and craigslist.
I've always had better luck with Craiglist , SIL has had better luck with Ebay

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts

That was exactly what I had to deal with when I traded the 1026R in for my 2720. The dealer had to sell it right next to a brand new tractor that had 0%/60 month deal on it. Made it hard to get a higher value. They do keep their value long term, but the short term trade/sell is difficult. You basically need a cash buyer. Not many people do that these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts