Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my grandfather’s 400 lawn tractor and attachments when I bought my house. He had purchased it new off the assembly line at the Horicon, WI factory when my uncle started working there his first year out of college. My uncle took it apart to clean the fuel system before I picked it up and dropped a carb screw down the intake. I got to use it for a year before the right cylinder lost compression due to a carb screw sized groove in the intake valve seat. I have loved this tractor all my life, one of my earliest memories is playing with a die cast model of it I received for my third birthday. I have some spare gaskets for the engine but not the time to do a block swap or repower at this point in my life. I have listed it and the components on Craigslist but if anyone is interested in trying to restore it I would definitely give preference to an enthusiast. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!

John Deere 400 Lawn Tractor - farm garden - by owner - sale

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Welcome to GTT. I moved this to the "For Sale" section. Though it's listed in your CL ad, you might want to include the price here and location also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts