Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a serial number plate is missing is there any other way to get exactly when tractor was built? I think it's a 1944 eh

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Is there a # on the engine??

What model of tractor?

Theres info out there...Give up more details.

:munch:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is there a # on the engine??

What model of tractor?

Theres info out there...Give up more details.

:munch:
Its a B it also has a pressurized radiator. ill have to check tonight for number on engine eh

Reactions: Cjet69

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would there be anyway to get the correct serial number for this tractor so I could put a plate back on it?

Reactions: Cjet69

·
Registered
454 Posts
Would there be anyway to get the correct serial number for this tractor so I could put a plate back on it?
I don't think there is any way to get the correct serial number. About the only thing you could do is narrow down the year as much as you can and find a tag in a salvage yard thats the same year and install that tag. Its to bad they didn't stamp the serial number in a couple different places.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Chester, I've no idea how long Deere keeps records, but I did get a serial number for my 322. Go to jdparts.deere.com. If you don't have an account, create one. Then, click "Contact Us" Supply them with Model & engine serial number and ask if they can research the tractor serial number. It may take a week or 2, but it worked for me! Bob

Reactions: chester7

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Chester, I've no idea how long Deere keeps records, but I did get a serial number for my 322. Go to jdparts.deere.com. If you don't have an account, create one. Then, click "Contact Us" Supply them with Model & engine serial number and ask if they can research the tractor serial number. It may take a week or 2, but it worked for me! Bob
There will be a casting number on the block, but I don't recall that two cylinder tractors had serial numbers on the engines. However, some of the collectors would know better. Another option would be to email a question to Mr. Thinker in Green Magazine.

Reactions: chester7

·
Registered
222 Posts
two cylinders dont have engine serial numbers, the only way you stand a chance at getting a new correct serial number tag is if you have some documentation on it. If its a family tractor you may be able to get ahold of that dealer and see if they still have that laying around. Amazingly enough some of the still standing dealerships still have all that information.

You may be able to narrow down some things based on whats on the tractor according to the parts manual.

I do have all the parts manuals for the 2cylinders, back when mother deere would let you down load those for free, its in pfd form, so if you want ones for the B's let me know, i can email it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
two cylinders dont have engine serial numbers, the only way you stand a chance at getting a new correct serial number tag is if you have some documentation on it. If its a family tractor you may be able to get ahold of that dealer and see if they still have that laying around. Amazingly enough some of the still standing dealerships still have all that information.

You may be able to narrow down some things based on whats on the tractor according to the parts manual.

I do have all the parts manuals for the 2cylinders, back when mother deere would let you down load those for free, its in pfd form, so if you want ones for the B's let me know, i can email it.
Ya cool ill take a parts manual for the B eh [email protected] Thanks eh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts