Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a complete 54" snow blower assembly for my 1025R on 11/16. To this date my vendor is still reporting delays from John Deere. Does anyone know of a hitch and mounting brackets available? I'm getting tired of cleaning my driveway with the bucket.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I placed an order for a complete 54" snow blower assembly for my 1025R on 11/16. To this date my vendor is still reporting delays from John Deere. Does anyone know of a hitch and mounting brackets available? I'm getting tired of cleaning my driveway with the bucket.
I placed an order on 10/27 for a quick hitch with hydraulic angle, PTO, and 60" power broom, it was delivered on 11/17.

I wonder if their ordering staff failed to place the order?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No but thanks for sharing. I already have one of those off of my 585.

·
Premium Member
8,855 Posts
It's part of what he needs, but the lower mounting brackets on the tractor and also the bracket which carries the front carrier bearing for the front drive unit which the Quick Attach MOUNTS to is also critical and not included in the craigs listing. The X series mounts on the front of the tractor where the 1 series mounts UNDER the front of the tractor. So, while this is a big part of what he needs, he still needs a bunch of critical components.

At $450 this time of year, that's not too bad a deal just have to check the center pivot as I have seen them beat to snot and very loose.....in fact, I have one which was that way as of the result of MY use of it and then I rebuilt the center pivot and tightened it back up.........

If the O.P. is for sure this is what they are missing, and the dealer has the other pieces, then this might be a way to go, but it's going to take piecing it together to reach the end game. About the time he pieces the components together, his new one will show up, that's how it always goes.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I buy the mounting bracket for my 1025R and the carrier bracket for the shaft will my X585 quick mount work on them?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hear ya. Was trying to get the 54" setup yesterday, but of the 4, yes...4 units the dealership was able to find in the system, he was unable to tell 1)WHERE they were and 2) IF located, how long delivery would take.

The 47" was in ample supply, so I went with that. It'll do the job it'll be tasked for just as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's interesting that you could get the 47". Was that complete with the quick hitch assembly? I'm being told it's the hitch that is slowing down the order. I own a 47" snowblower from my old tractor, if I could get the hitch I would just use that for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my 1025R with a 54" snowblower on 12/7. Dealer has 13 locations and not one 54" snowblower. They can't get info from JD on when to expect them. The nice thing my dealer is doing for me though is taking a 54" snowblower from a 700 series and converting it over for the 1025R. They are as frustrated as the customers are.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does anyone know of a hitch and mounting brackets available? I'm getting tired of cleaning my driveway with the bucket.
I just purchased an HLA 66" FEL mounted plow which has its own mount. I had been using a JD54" plow mounted on the FEL but no longer have need for the hitch and mounting brackets.

I'm wiling to negotiate a very reasonable price. The plow blade is for sale as well.

Let me know if any of this can help you. I'm in Upstate NY near Kingston. I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance to deliver.

This is what I have in addition to the PTO bearing part and raise/lower hydraulic cylinder which I did not use:

P1000925.jpg

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I would ask the dealer if it's the quick hitch parts or the 54" blower that's holding the order up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Something must have happened in their supply line for winter equipment. I ordered a Frontier rear 54 snowblower back in September and the dealer told me dec delivery. Then got pushed back to this month due to a supply issue from the factory. I actually canceled the order as with my luck I’d get it at the end of the month and not get to use it and end up having to move it to the new place. So going with the edge tamers and a walk behind blower for now. But man wish I had the blower this past storm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts