Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 3038E hydrostatic bought new and at 100 hours had it at my dealer for a minor warranty repair. That was about two years ago and I said while it's there do a complete service, so they changed all filters, oil & hydro fluid, etc.
At 300 hours the display said "service" time so I checked manual and called the dealer.
They said since they serviced it at 100 hours wait until 400 hours. It now has 325 hours on it. I check fluid levels before use, engine oil is OK (right just below full) and looks very clean. Same with hydro fluid (I did have to add about a quart last year, a fitting needed tightening and lost fluid). It's right on full and looks clean. I keep fittings lubed.
It's never used where dusty, when I take air filters out they're clean..
Does this sound right, should I change fluids at 400 hours?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you get a manual with the tractor?
Mine says engine oil and filter change at 200 hrs. I tend to change around 100 hrs, 200 just seems like a lot!
Hydro fluid and filters at 400 hrs.
Sounds like you need to change engine oil pronto, but have till around 500 hrs for hydro.
This is based on my 2014 3033R manual.

Reactions: Sevenhills1952

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, of course I have manuals and called the dealer. That's the confusing part..."Mine says engine oil and filter change at 200 hrs."...which mine does also. But as I said they changed it at 100 hours (everything)...so I can't see an oil & filter change at 200 than again 100 hours later.
I'm thinking (I'd have to look it up) the first oil change was at 50 hrs. It was at the dealers then for something.
Dealer said wait another 75 hours then change it. I'll do it at 325 if necessary.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Engine parts every 12months or hours whichever occurs first.
Hydro 400 hours, but I did an annual change as first seemed sensible then will do every other year.

servicing only benefits you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.