Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for all you Deere gurus. I have been covering a culvert pipe for the last 2 weekends. FEL loaded with a shale/dirt mixture, ~600 lbs. ballast on the back. I have to go up a slight incline to dump the bucket. On one of the trips, I noticed the service alert indicator come on. Before I could put my glasses on to see if there are any codes, it goes out. This has happened twice in the past 2 weekends while putting roughly 3 - 4 hours on the machine. Both times the indicator goes out before I can read anything. If the dash displays an error code, do they get saved anywhere in memory so they can be read at a later time? This one's new to me.
Thanks for any input.

·
Administrator
17,313 Posts
I don't think there is a "service indicator" on a 1-series tractor.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't think there is a "service indicator" on a 1-series tractor.
According to my manual, there is one. It's on the right side and looks like an exclamation in a triangle. I think I've seen it flash before when I tried backing up while mowing and forgot to hit the pto button.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
According to my manual, there is one. It's on the right side and looks like an exclamation in a triangle. I think I've seen it flash before when I tried backing up while mowing and forgot to hit the pto button.
You are correct, that is what the manual calls that. I get it on occasion if I go from the forward pedal to the reverse pedal too quickly, matter of fact, it happened on the first day the very first time I backed the tractor into the garage.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
A question for all you Deere gurus. I have been covering a culvert pipe for the last 2 weekends. FEL loaded with a shale/dirt mixture, ~600 lbs. ballast on the back. I have to go up a slight incline to dump the bucket. On one of the trips, I noticed the service alert indicator come on. Before I could put my glasses on to see if there are any codes, it goes out. This has happened twice in the past 2 weekends while putting roughly 3 - 4 hours on the machine. Both times the indicator goes out before I can read anything. If the dash displays an error code, do they get saved anywhere in memory so they can be read at a later time? This one's new to me.
Thanks for any input.
You are correct, that is what the manual calls that. I get it on occasion if I go from the forward pedal to the reverse pedal too quickly, matter of fact, it happened on the first day the very first time I backed the tractor into the garage.
I forgot to mention:

Along with the service indicator it will always be accompanied by a code in the hour meter readout. I saw that indicator on my 2025R at least a half dozen times before I could finally get the code written down, then I was able to look in my tech manual to see what the code was actually for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts