Green Tractor Talk banner

Service, break-in oil at 50 hours for 1 series?

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Yamahanut 
I keep a log with receipts and record all maintenance, mods, implement purchase and any repairs, hours, etc. I put less than 100 hrs annually so I change all fluids and filters every March. This includes radiator flush and coolant change. I also regularly grease, and lube anything possible including joystick SCV, linkage Q hitch, 3 pt etc. I keep tire pressure at what it says on the tire. I treat all my fuel and use a MR funnel to fuel the rig up. I add one additive to every third tank fill too but I cant remember its name as I’m typing. I learned it from Sulley. Very happy with this additive. Tractor runs absolutely perfect and don’t have any problems or issues. Other than the one additive in addition to JD fuel treatment, I use OEM JD products. It all has worked very well so I don’t drive myself nuts trying to find a “better” oil or anything else. I figure if I use the JD stuff for my JD rig from the JD counter than everything should work fine and it does. I read most the posts regarding break in oil. I never used break in oil after the first change, didn’t feel it was necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.