Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’ve been reading greentractortalk for awhile and it has really helped figuring out the size tractor that I needed. There is a lot of great advice here. I recently purchased a 4310 with FEL and BH and 300 hours on it. The tractor is in great shape but has no service records. I’ve gone and done all the recommended service from the manual but have not figured out how to reset the service reminder on the hour meter. I'm talking about the little blinking hour glass next to the numbers. I assume that is the reminder. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but have not found the answer in the manual or on the internet. Does anyone know how to reset it and at what time intervals it comes on at? Thanks in advance, Clay

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
The hourmeter hourglass blinks as part of its normal operation. It's not a service reminder.

And welcome!

·
Administrator
21,271 Posts
Welcome to DT Clay...

Like MJ wrote-it's not a service reminder, the blinking is 100% normal. Think of it as a 'heartbeat" to let you know the system is operating. If you take the serial number to any dealer they can provide a service history for anything performed at any dealer-they will even tell you where it was sold from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that explains why I couldn't find any info on the service reminder. After KennyD's recommendation, I checked with my dealer today on the service records, there was not any. I got the impression from the previous owner he stayed up on the engine oil changes and greasing, but skipped the 200 hour fuel and transmission filter change. The previous owner had a good story of when he was at the JD dealer and saw them cutting out one of the clevis pins on a backhoe from lack of grease. Thanks for the info. Clay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts