Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordering items for the annual service and notice the hydraulic filters are stated as needing changing at 50hrs (done) then every 400 not annually which i thought.

Part of me is happy to change filters frequently - but equally with over 20l of oil (which has been changed 3 times this year due to new remotes being added etc) and that they arent the cheapest filters of the lot...plus i tend to walk a line between advances in all areas leading to longer service intervals and if it needs to be every 400hrs then actually that can be ok, or maybe every 2 years or half the service life.

Just wondered everyones thoughts - like i say oil changed 2 or 3 times due to new stuff being added and it drained down and about 50hrs added in the last 12 months.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,178 Posts
Just ordering items for the annual service and notice the hydraulic filters are stated as needing changing at 50hrs (done) then every 400 not annually which i thought.

Part of me is happy to change filters frequently - but equally with over 20l of oil (which has been changed 3 times this year due to new remotes being added etc) and that they arent the cheapest filters of the lot...plus i tend to walk a line between advances in all areas leading to longer service intervals and if it needs to be every 400hrs then actually that can be ok, or maybe every 2 years or half the service life.

Just wondered everyones thoughts - like i say oil changed 2 or 3 times due to new stuff being added and it drained down and about 50hrs added in the last 12 months.
I'm curious as to why you're changing after adding "new" stuff. Is this "new" stuff used with unknown hydraulic fluid in it?

How important is a fluid change after adding a new to you, but used implement with unknown hydraulic fluid in its system?

Reactions: Kbar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its just annual service time,

I know the dealer did the first drain to replace one item, then did it again when the fitted the second and third when they replaced the pipe for the second job's remote as the kit had the wrong part, service manager specifically said its like its had 2 1/2 hydraulic fluid services. I did its annual in 2020 about 4 months before that work. But only at its annual did it have the filters not when they drained down the fluid.

hence, if you go on the book, next service is due at 400hours so in probably 2-3years.

So for now its, is there any point in bringing hydraulic service to annual, or somewhere less than 4 but more than every year

I just thought i could change the filters, but as the filters are more than the oil...seems pointless.

BTW i never use none genuine parts in anything i service, always premium (eg oil), always genuine it is OEM or better, never cheaper...its like brakes and tyres on cars, when i need them to work paying for the best isnt a question!!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,178 Posts
@mse Personally, if the filters are "timed out", I'd change the filters only, assuming that the fluid is clean and has less than 50 hours on it, over a 100 hours on the fluid, I'd likely do both if I'm doing one or the other. It's your machine so you'll know when you hit the 200hr mark on the specific item, be it engine oil or hydro fluid. If you're not changing at 200/400 but 250/450/650/etc, you're still meeting the requirements of "every 200 hours" not at 200 hours of clock time. However if you're not doing the changes at the 200/400 clock time mark, might not be a bad idea to start a log to keep track of the hours/dates that the service was done. I also use a silver sharpie on my filters with date and hours they were installed.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a 3 series not 4 Europe spec 👍

So I'm sending no one feels doing it annually has any benefit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.