Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
That must've been Far East of me. We actually got some rain this week. 0.10", it was amazing. Finally no dust in the air! Of course the electricity went out for 45 minutes, no wind, no hail, no lightening, and no one crashed into a pole. Called the electric company and they said that the "storm" did it... I'm not even sure of what to think, but that that dang humidity in the air shorted out the system. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
That must've been Far East of me. We actually got some rain this week. 0.10", it was amazing. Finally no dust in the air! Of course the electricity went out for 45 minutes, no wind, no hail, no lightening, and no one crashed into a pole. Called the electric company and they said that the "storm" did it... I'm not even sure of what to think, but that that dang humidity in the air shorted out the system. Lol

If you had been having dust storms then it rained I could see where the combo of dust and water could form conductive layer of mud on stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,959 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Wow! It is that time of year, but I never saw any of the stuff in Texkev's pics, and I was out working in the gorgeous weather all day. Amazing what a difference very few miles can make!!

I think I have had 1.1" of rain, since Jan. 1. Had less than 0.02 earlier this week, but nothing measureable in several weeks. It may take a severe thunderstorm season to get rainfall and water levels back to where they need to be. And since March should have begun the storm season, and we are at the end of it already, things don't look good. I have already been in contact with some friends in Oklahoma about getting hay from them this year, as I doubt there will be any to be found near here. :nunu:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I took the day off to relax and fish for crappie. On the way back I never saw so many wrecks in such a short time. A tractor trailer rig pulling a van trailer jackknifed across I35E and blocked both northbound lanes. Came upon it just as it happened. Best I could tell, the wind caught the trailer as the truck tried to enter the highway from the service road. The truck slid off the service road and onto the grass and then onto the highway and hit the concrete divider.

Ended up pulling off into a truck stop and waited for the hail to quit.

Saw two more multi vehicle wrecks on the way home. Don't understand how some people manage to have such terrible wrecks. Rain had quit, nothing obstructing view, and nobody ahead of you. But still end up plowing into other cars in the other lane.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Not to derail the thread, but how was the fishing? What lake do you fish? Live bait? I wanted to hit up Inks lake for the annual white bass run, but was unable to fit it into my schedule. Once it warms up some more I'll be after largemouths at Alen Henry. Lubbock tapped it for water last year and it is already down to only 64% capacity. I give it 5 more years before it ends up like San Angelo and Meredith.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
It was crappy.:) I normally use minnows and jigs, but just used minnows only on this trip. Went to Lake Aquilla. Other folks were having it tough too. Mainly I fish Richland Chambers for crappie, but decided to change up. May head back to Chambers again.

You mentioning bass sure brought back memories. At one time, that's mainly all I used to fish for back when I still belonged to a fishing club. The most violent strikes I've ever gotten while bass fishing was when small, live bream were used as bait. Had them hit crank baits hard, but nothing like the bream.

I can imagine what that's like with the water being drained out of the lake.

There's one special lake I haven't got to try out for crappie yet. It's just a small one, but has been around since the 1800's. The MKT Railroad built it for supplying water for the steam locomotives. Not many people know about the big slabs in it and that's a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was near McKinney, we have hardly had rain either. We got nothing from that, it started literally just east of us a few miles and moved on away :(

Wow! It is that time of year, but I never saw any of the stuff in Texkev's pics, and I was out working in the gorgeous weather all day. Amazing what a difference very few miles can make!!

I think I have had 1.1" of rain, since Jan. 1. Had less than 0.02 earlier this week, but nothing measureable in several weeks. It may take a severe thunderstorm season to get rainfall and water levels back to where they need to be. And since March should have begun the storm season, and we are at the end of it already, things don't look good. I have already been in contact with some friends in Oklahoma about getting hay from them this year, as I doubt there will be any to be found near here. :nunu:

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
We are getting this little unexpected surprise today, about 2" worth so far:

Snow.JPG

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
We only had 3-4" but near the Md state line 6+ same on top of Coppers Rock Wrecks everywhere. Older brother told me in front of his old house a 4 wd van came around the turn went right up a guy wire and balanced perfect for the 2-3 hrs till wrecked got him off. The family was save no injuries , everyone stayed in place . After wrecked left he drove on down the road , no major damage to van. Very lucky

·
8,558 Posts
Well then, QUIT HOGGING IT ALL!!!! If it takes a storm to get me some rain, I'll do a nekkid storm dance!!

Come over here, little thunderstorm. I'll welcome ya! Now be a good little storm and come when called!

·
8,558 Posts
Texkev; I'm glad someone is getting some rain. Maybe I won't have to go all the way to Oklahoma for my hay, this year. It would be nice to get lots of rain here too!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yah really, hang in there, it just keeps coming...

Ok Texkev. That's enough. The only "walls" that came through here was dust. I thought the wind was letting up and then bam! About 20 minutes ago a solid wall. Ripped the lids off of the dumpster... No moisture at all.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts