Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what screw pin shackle size I need for my up and coming 2038R? It's going on the drawbar.

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I'd guess 3/4" is what you'd need, that's what I used on my older 4110 model.

Reactions: Yank

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
FYI.....remember, the size of a screw pin shackle is the size of the body, not the pin size. A 3/4" shackle will have 7/8" diameter pin. :good2:

Below is a size chart.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken sales the 1/2 and ⅝ shackles. The ⅝ is rated for 6500 pounds. I would imagine that would be strong enough for pulling with a 2 series. I just don't know the size of the whole in the drawbar.

·
Premium Member
6,069 Posts
Ken sales the 1/2 and ⅝ shackles. The ⅝ is rated for 6500 pounds. I would imagine that would be strong enough for pulling with a 2 series. I just don't know the size of the whole in the drawbar.

The pin hole is 1.298”. Huge. The only thing I can figure is so it will accept a large trailer ball bolt. The tractor itself couldn’t bend a 5/8” hitch pin, it just depends on how much play you want.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, buddy. I was thinking the same thing about a ⅝ one also. Should be strong enough at 6500 pounds.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found this at Tractor Supply. Maybe a little big, but rather big too big than too small. It’s a ¾ inch pin, and big enough to slide chain thru easily. Think I’m gonna get Kens oblong straps.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
Found this at Tractor Supply. Maybe a little big, but rather big too big than too small. It’s a ¾ inch pin, and big enough to slide chain thru easily. Think I’m gonna get Kens oblong straps.
Those work well for drawbar use ;)

Reactions: Yank and Herminator

·
Registered
113 Posts
That is what I use on my 2038R. Just fits the thickness of the draw bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts