Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two different companies sent me canopies for review. I wasn't sure I would want ANY canopy. This effort convinced me of the value, and calmed my fears about removal, etc. Perhaps it might help you too...

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
When I started reading the title, I thought you were talking about me :hide:

:lolol:

Very nice review :good2: If I didn't have a nice OEM factory cab with heat and air I'd sure be getting that Curtis / Artillian canopy for my machine.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
TTWT--i bought the heavier canopy from JD. i never can remember the name of it:banghead: but it was good for up to 70 mph-draw back is it is on there permanent. that's ok with me--as the big garage has a 14 ft door and a 10 ft too. so no more joining the garage door hit em door club:laugh:

:hide: of course oh i joined that club twice by banging the rops into the basement wall.:flag_of_truce::mocking: the last time i did it-i couldn't for the life of me figure out why the front tires wanted to come off the floor:banghead::banghead: then i looked and seen the rops was up.

i love my roof, won't be without now, taking a pill for thyroid ailments, the sun does strange things to me, it seems, so the roof helps a lot.

good luck with ur sales, i'm sure with u having them, it will help the sales of them a lot.:good2:

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Shade

I bought a sunshade for my 790 off CL a couple of years ago but it got moved to the Kubota because we use that in the field a lot more. I was baling hay with the Kubota today. 95 degrees, high humidity and bright sun- I was very, very grateful for the shade. I would have been more grateful for a cab with AC but that's a whole nother story.

I've started doing some fence line and spot spraying with the 790- that might push me into buying another canopy- probably get a bigger one for the Kubota and move the original back to the 790. In the meantime, any shade is good!

Treefarmer

·
Registered
815 Posts
nothing but the best for me.........CUSTOM designed for more downforce :laugh:......also designed for limb impacts as it will flip up by streaching bungies and if they break it will flip back and off the rops ...one design error in a hard rain when your headed to the barn the rain drains to the frount then blows back on you... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
nothing but the best for me.........CUSTOM designed for more downforce :laugh:......also designed for limb impacts as it will flip up by streaching bungies and if they break it will flip back and off the rops ...one design error in a hard rain when your headed to the barn the rain drains to the frount then blows back on you... :)
Maybe some gutters w/leaf shield and down spouts will help with that. :laugh::laugh::hide:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Two different companies sent me canopies for review. I wasn't sure I would want ANY canopy. This effort convinced me of the value, and calmed my fears about removal, etc. Perhaps it might help you too...

Are you ever going to take the plastic off Johnny's seat? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you ever going to take the plastic off Johnny's seat? :laugh:
I’m leaving it on as long as possible to annoy as many folks as I can!! :)

Although, it might be getting moldy on one side where water has got in, but couldn’t get out. I may have to take action soon!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tim stop spending my money for me, again. Every year I think about getting a canopy here in AZ, but haven't pulled the trigger until i saw the free shipping with Tim's discount code. Let's hope I get more use out of this than the artilian forks Tim talk me into getting.
IMGP1746.JPG

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Shade in Arizona?

Tim stop spending my money for me, again. Every year I think about getting a canopy here in AZ, but haven't pulled the trigger until i saw the free shipping with Tim's discount code. Let's hope I get more use out of this than the artilian forks Tim talk me into getting.
View attachment 698208
I'd say if you can't appreciate shade in Arizona, you must be running the tractor in an air conditioned warehouse or something. . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I can’t keep from thinking the tall rops on the 1025R canopy style is only good for high noon and rain

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can’t keep from thinking the tall rops on the 1025R canopy style is only good for high noon and rain
Yeah, I might have to get some mesh fabric and make side skirts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts