Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took delivery of my new X758 with 54” deck and 3PH! Sent wife a video of the machine with the diesel engine purring in our driveway. No response from her ...until I prompted her with another text asking if she saw the video to which she replied “it sounds noisey”!

We had to leave quickly when she got home from work tonight to go meet friends for dinner. After getting home an hour ago I had to ask her to come take a look at it before she went to bed. Unbelievable.

Anybody else out there who’s wife couldn’t care less about their “green machine” ...especially after it had just been delivered?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Sometimes they just don't get it do they!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
This could be a good thing!
In the future you could secretly trade in for a bigger machine and if she gets a look at that and wonders what you did you can claim it's the same machine you have had all along...

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
In the future you could secretly trade in for a bigger machine and if she gets a look at that and wonders what you did you can claim it's the same machine you have had all along...
Now that is a good idea.:good2:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Today I took delivery of my new X758 with 54” deck and 3PH! Sent wife a video of the machine with the diesel engine purring in our driveway. No response from her ...until I prompted her with another text asking if she saw the video to which she replied “it sounds noisey”!

We had to leave quickly when she got home from work tonight to go meet friends for dinner. After getting home an hour ago I had to ask her to come take a look at it before she went to bed. Unbelievable.

Anybody else out there who’s wife couldn’t care less about their “green machine” ...especially after it had just been delivered?
Send the tractor to the dealer at the same time your lawn needs mowing, give her the push mower. She will begin to appreciate the tractor even more. :hide: Tough love......

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Count your blessings

If she isn't complaining about the cost or trying to steal your seat time, I'd say you have it made. You have a useful new to. .. er tool to use and are now free to upgrade as necessary as long as she doesn't see the delivery truck.

Heck some of the guys on here can't get any seat time because the missus claims it's her tractor.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
My wife has no interest in the tractors we have. She's driven them twice. She asks how many we have and I just say I don't know. I stopped counting them so I don't know. I could buy 3 more and she wouldn't know the difference.

You are blessed that she has no interest.:yahoo:

I bought her a gator and she read the manual and drives all over with it. Just be careful.

·
Registered
203 Posts

I feel your pain! Think our wives are cut from the same cloth!

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 1548 land plane
Land Pride RTR 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660 finish mower
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Frontier af10f front manual angle blade
Victory EF155 flail mower

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
My wife could care less about my tractor.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
TodayItookdeliveryofmynewX758with54”deckand3PH!Sentwifeavideoofthemachinewiththedieselenginepurringinourdriveway.Noresponsefromher...untilIpromptedherwithanothertextaskingifshesawthevideotowhichshereplied“itsoundsnoisey”!Wehadtoleavequicklywhenshegothomefromworktonighttogomeetfriendsfordinner.AftergettinghomeanhouragoIhadtoaskhertocometakealookatitbeforeshewenttobed.Unbelievable.Anybodyelseouttherewho’swifecouldn’tcarelessabouttheir“greenmachine”...especiallyafterithadjustbeendelivered?
MINE! But my oldest daughter went with me to look at the x485 that I ended up buying.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like your thinking and actually thought about that angle last night! Then I remembered part of my justification with her for buying this new JD was it should PROBABLY last me at least 15 years...

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife had to work late the day our new 2038R was delivered and got home after dark. She didn't even shut off the engine in her truck, just jumped out and checked out the new tractor. We drove it around our property for over an hour. Glad the tractor had the premium LED lights! And glad my wife is a motorhead.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
AND,, Just For The Record,,,,

EXACTLY,,,

when was the last time you told your wife how sexy her new ironing board cover was?? :dunno:

My wife is a quilter,, I have to convince her to buy the $5000 quilting machine, rather than the $1000 machine,,
That is the ONLY way I get a positive comment on a tractor purchase,,,:flag_of_truce:

(she has MORE sewing machines than I have tractors,,, )

:lolol:

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
By the way, I think the x758 is one of the sexiest L&G machines ever made. I love its styling and they are truly great machines in my opinion. Deere has complicated things for the X750 and up diesel machines with the 1 series and their pricing. Hands down, the x758 is THE Lawn and Garden Tractor in the industry, in my opinion. And that comes from the 25 years of ownership of my 455, which was one of the x75x machines earlier ancestors.

My wife is into sewing and quilting. So, I guess it's fair to say I have as much interest in her sewing machines and quilting as she does in my tractor. I am lucky as my wife doesn't care about my tractors and "stuff". When I was contemplating my purchase of the 1025r and all implements, when I would ask her what she thought, she would reply "Just make sure you get the cab, that's my only requirement"......."Oh, and don't sell your other tractor, keep it as I know how much you like it."

When I dropped the invoice on her desk with a copy of the check I wrote to pay for it, her only response was "I thought it was going to cost more than that...." and I didn't hold back on anything....But she also sees how productive the machines are and have been over the years, so she views them as a "revenue source" and not a luxury, which is good........

Interestingly, she wants LOTS of INPUT into the new building I plan to put up. In fact, she has even found pictures on line of what she wants it to look like and she stopped one day and took pictures of a building in the area and sent the pictures to me and said "This is what I want YOUR new building to look like". She said "If I have to look out of MY kitchen window and see a building, this is what I want to see."

Ok.......Kitchen hers. House hers. Backyard view, Hers. Outbuilding, mine......Got it. :good2:

I try to act like I am interested in the sewing machines and quilting stuff, but I can't even ask an intelligent question about them as I have no idea how they operate and I also don't know the "lingo" for all of the stuff related to quilting and sewing. When I ask, she will explain it to me but then she says "You stick to tools, tractors and your toys and I will stick to my sewing and quilting." Sounds good to me.

I finally have gotten her to drive the tractor down the driveway at a crawl when I was spraying the driveway joints and edges with weed killer last summer. I don't think she got above 0.01 mph the entire time.:laugh: As soon as we reached the end, she motioned for me to do whatever so she could get off the seat. The other day, I had her in the seat moving the FEL controls when I told her I needed her help so I could "check something" and I was watching the front hitch movement contemplating how I might make some changes to the angle cylinder. But she simply has little interest in it, which is fine.

I told her I wanted her to learn how to drive it on her own and she said "Nope, then I would have to use it." No chance of me running wild with her sewing machines or the other pieces of equipment in her sewing room so I guess no chance of her driving off with the tractor. :laugh::lol:

Congratulations on your new purchase. It's a great machine and you will love it......:good2: Even if your wife doesn't fully embrace it. At least its not the opposite response. I would suggest flowers and maybe another goodie for today as it is Valentines day....:good2:

·
Registered
156 Posts
When she does walk by it or I mention it, she says “That’s a lot of money sitting there.” And I say Yes dear, it is. But I’m retired, and do you see a boat, or a motorcycle, or a camper, or a atv or Utv sittling next to it? Besides it will do improvements to your property.:lol: Obviously a no win situation. Oh well. Gotta luv them anyway.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
My wife had to work late the day our new 2038R was delivered and got home after dark. She didn't even shut off the engine in her truck, just jumped out and checked out the new tractor. We drove it around our property for over an hour. Glad the tractor had the premium LED lights! And glad my wife is a motorhead.
You are a fortunate man :bigbeer:

when was the last time you told your wife how sexy her new ironing board cover was?? :dunno:

My wife is a quilter,, I have to convince her to buy the $5000 quilting machine, rather than the $1000 machine,,
That is the ONLY way I get a positive comment on a tractor purchase,,,:flag_of_truce:

(she has MORE sewing machines than I have tractors,,, )

:lolol:
. Ditto here exactly my case...

The first thing my wife says about any purchase I make is "what did that cost". In time though she has conceded that the tractor has been a good purchase and she has even driven it around a little.
Ditto here, cept for the last part :unknown:

My wife is into sewing and quilting. So, I guess it's fair to say I have as much interest in her sewing machines and quilting as she does in my tractor.. Oh, and don't sell your other tractor, keep it as I know how much you like it."

I try to act like I am interested in the sewing machines and quilting stuff, but I can't even ask an intelligent question about them as I have no idea how they operate and I also don't know the "lingo" for all of the stuff related to quilting and sewing. When I ask, she will explain it to me but then she says "You stick to tools, tractors and your toys and I will stick to my sewing and quilting." Sounds good to me.

" No chance of me running wild with her sewing machines or the other pieces of equipment in her sewing room so I guess no chance of her driving off with the tractor. :laugh::lol:
I've never heard the phrase "don't sell your other tractor" :laugh: . However, my wife is quite capable at operating any of my past, present or future equipment.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts