Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I live in Plymouth ma and buying a tractor soon. I love the 1025r for my yard and all but the 2032r would definitely compliment my small business. So I have to questions?
1. Is the 2032 r worth the extra 10,000 for tlb?
2. What is the common shed or garage space for ether of these great machines.
Thank you will be buying within the next month so any and all comments are greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Joshua

·
Premium Member
10,989 Posts
Hello all I live in Plymouth ma and buying a tractor soon. I love the 1025r for my yard and all but the 2032r would definitely compliment my small business. So I have to questions?
1. Is the 2032 r worth the extra 10,000 for tlb?
2. What is the common shed or garage space for ether of these great machines.
Thank you will be buying within the next month so any and all comments are greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Joshua
40 x 60 seems to last for a little while but is still eventually filled up with the tractor and implements.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Welcome.

Build the biggest shed you can afford or have space for. You’ll fill it up. These tractors have lots of goodies that you can attach to them. You can never have to much space.

I built a 40X30 garage and it’s full. I should have built it bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think it's up to you to decide if the extra $10k is worth it. If it can make you money, versus something that will just sit at the house and be used for projects, the $10k difference might not be a huge factor. I wish I had gone with the 2032R or 3 series, but I had my own pros and cons with either (cost vs attachments vs practicality analysis), and overall I've been happy with my 1025R.

As for shed size, I have mine in a 12x20 canvas shed currently. I can't drive in the door with the ROPS up, which is fine because I never have the thing up anyway. I find it's enough space for me, but I don't have a huge list of attachments yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome.

Of course bigger is always better but you have to ask yourself how much hassle & cash do you want to invest? I see you're in Plymouth and I'm up on the North Shore. Most Mass towns will let you build a 200 sq ft shed without a permit. So that would be a 12x16. 1 sq/ft beyond that and you get into the full permitting process that can include wetlands, registered surveys, various inspections, etc.

I'm building a shed from the 1025 I just purchased and I'm planning on 12x16 on a poured pad, but then adding an open 8' lean-to on the back and one side. Lean-to's don't count in the footage of the structure. So I'll effectively end up with 20x24 of usable space. The lean-to will let me park implements in those locations but keep the pieces out of the weather.

Good luck.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
All I can offer is build as big as you can afford and have space for. Make sure you have a cement floor and air tight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As others have said, but;d the biggest shed you are able.
I have mine in a detached garage and I put in some steel rack shelving for the implements I have bought so far.
If I had my time back I would have made my garage door opening taller but When it was built I didn’t have a tractor so it wasn’t a thought at the time.
I wanted a cab on any tractor I bought and the 1025R with a cab just fits through my door.
I was about to buy a 2038r but with the cab it was too tall to fit in the door and I wanted to be able to get it in my heated garage to work on and so on.

So, my advice to you is consider making the shed opening tall enough to let you clear a cab or rops for ease of entry/exit.

Also, about your question? Get the tractor you really want. If you really want the 2 series and can afford it then go for it.
So far I like my 1025 but I am sure I would have liked the 2038 just fine too with the excavation and landscaping I am doing on my property.

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
First off: :wgtt: from Berlin, MA.

I park my 2032R (1st generation) in a 12' x 30' garage. The tractor fits fine but there isn't adequate space for all of the implements. But honestly, it seems like no matter what size barn'shed people have, there NEVER enough space for implements. For a lot of people in this area, this becomes a game of "What can I get away with before I have to fight with building codes and zoning.".

I opted for the 2032r over the 1025R just for the ground clearance factor just because I use my machine in the woods a lot. If "lawn/yard" maintenance was my primary use, I think the 1025R is better suited for that. If your primary use is more digging/ground engaging and lifting, then bigger is better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts