Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people are looking for ways to reduce the boredom of spending so much time at home & away from friends. I thought it would be interesting to share some backyard views and other related photos. I feel very fortunate not to be trapped in an urban setting. We can still spend a lot of time outdoors without risking our health. As for boredom, I now realize it's time to get out the pressure washer and clean our enclosure. At least the morning was peaceful for a while...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Now you've got me going! Oh how I long for the warm weather. We were supposed to leave next Wednesday for you state - but now we're on self quarantine. Bummer. But awesome photo.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Watch out, RodW! Sweetie and I may be coming to shelter in place with you! Just last night she was saying (AGAIN!) that she wanted to move someplace warm!!

I told her last night that I was feeling sorry for the folks on the Gulf Coast of FL. Two of our "go-to places" are Indian Rocks beach (fly into St. Pete) and Ft. Myers Beach. Both of those areas were hit hard economically with the Red Tide for the last couple of years. I hope that they survive the lack of tourists due to this situation.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
The view from my chair currently - this is to the west. North, south, and east - same view just without the pavilion and creek - just trees.

So any shelter in place stuff doesn’t affect me at all. I have plenty to do outside and spend time outdoors every single day without seeing another person.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
OK I will play. Just finished my morning inside workout. I do 1 hour every morning and then outside for many more hours of activity. Hard to follow up the bud picture but I am sure I can come up with something a little later on!
DSCN0326.JPG

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm headed out with the pole saw to trim some branches so I can leave the ROPS up while mowing this year. Temps were in the 70's Thursday so I got some done then. Today I also plan to take down a couple old dwarf apple trees that never really produced anything edible (cedar rust), but I let grow to feed the deer. Last year there were less than dozen apples between the two.

So glad I live here an not in a condo.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The view from my chair currently - this is to the west. North, south, and east - same view just without the pavilion and creek - just trees.

So any shelter in place stuff doesn’t affect me at all. I have plenty to do outside and spend time outdoors every single day without seeing another person.

View attachment 731100
Stan, you should adopt me. I'm green with envy!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm headed out with the pole saw to trim some branches so I can leave the ROPS up while mowing this year. Temps were in the 70's Thursday so I got some done then. Today I also plan to take down a couple old dwarf apple trees that never really produced anything edible (cedar rust), but I let grow to feed the deer. Last year there were less than dozen apples between the two.

So glad I live here an not in a condo.
Since the thread title asked for photos...

Mess cleaned up with the grapple. :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I start the morning in the breakfast nook looking out over the back yard. The nook is windows on three sides.

Once the sun comes up too high I shift to the dining room converted to office with a view into the front yard.

·
Registered
21,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
One half of the backyard. Couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.

Back of the house after replacing the deck and building a retaining wall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
D2BCDC01-0CF4-4DD0-A463-06C8E80D987F.jpeg
Home office as of last week. View out the back door taken last summer. Wish it was nice enough to have the screens in/open now.

The pup has enjoyed hanging out in the shop this week. Nice and quite out there.

Yes that’s an autographed photo of Michael Landon over the dart board...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts