Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Nice job on the closet. Pump’s are life essential to me at least If I want water and the ability to flush the toilet without flooring the basement after 100 or so gallons.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The pumps you are talking about are essential to a lot of people. I get to play with stuff that is a little bigger. If your town has sewer problems we can bypass with temporary systems or replace with new. Has been an interesting living
626E8805-04E6-40F3-AA3C-F877ABD82397.jpeg

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
My grandpa is getting very nervous:

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
spent all day Saturday outside getting things ready, no one around and very peaceful. Still in the 20's at night and a little cold in the morning. Had a little ice back on the pond and that pond is 500 feet from the house.. it's all good, wife is staying home but I still need to go to work for inspections.. We have enough food etc. to last quite some time. Turkeys are hungry as are the deer.
DSCN0345.JPG

·
Registered
919 Posts
This is my view from the home office today (took over a spare bedroom). It beats the view from my office at work but I honestly pray I am not here long enough the Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry starts restricting my view.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Kids enjoy feeding the ducks and seeing the new ducklings. It gets them out of the house from the newly implemented home schooling.
IMG_20200323_180535.jpg

·
Corndog Hater
11,472 Posts
My Kindle Paperwhite is getting a workout!
I just finished reading a long article on former mob boss Paul Castellano. I’ve always been fascinated by the mafia for some reason. But when I finished it, I thought how I don’t do much reading on my iPad, more just “looking”. It was nice to exercise my brain!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Another day at home, another day of rain. At least the weeds are happy, but I need some outdoor time!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Love the timber framed roof over the deck..... Been wanting to do the same to our deck for a while now......
Sincerely
Thanks, the old deck was literally falling down. It was really expensive to have the new one built. My wife and I installed all the trex and hand railing to save a little. The tongue and groove 2x6 ceiling turned out well. Then we put cedar shakes on the gable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well the hardware store is open so I can get supplies. I got time before I get my pigs. I decided to replace some older/broken electrical switches and boxes that have been in place 30+ years before I got into this barn. I replaced some ratty fixtures as well. The image shows one of the old boxes which were packed full of chaff and dust. The new one is mounted behind it. I love having new lights, switches, and fixtures.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Getting some planter boxes built so the wife can grow stuff for the deer. A few more to go, but will now build a fence or maybe an arch with wire. She said her plants will be low growing. That part of the yard is fill and impossible to put posts in the ground. Now to fill the boxes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well the hardware store is open so I can get supplies. I got time before I get my pigs. I decided to replace some older/broken electrical switches and boxes that have been in place 30+ years before I got into this barn. I replaced some ratty fixtures as well. The image shows one of the old boxes which were packed full of chaff and dust. The new one is mounted behind it. I love having new lights, switches, and fixtures.

View attachment 731702
How did you "sneak" out to the store??? We're on mandatory lock down. I've been tempted to run to the local steel supplier for some more "supplies" but didn't want to upset the wife.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
'Finally got the black goo washed off my pool enclosure...
I was afraid I would damage the screen with my pressure washer (stream accuracy), so I cleaned by hand this year. Next time, I'll take the risk!

'Before' photo:
20200324_081125.jpg

·
Registered
21,972 Posts
41 - 60 of 86 Posts