Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a larger tractor from an out of state seller. I have seen this shipping wars show and now I and scared to have it shipped in to me. Are all these guy really boneheads or is it just TV?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
:lol: The TV makes them look pretty bad doesn't it.

U-ship is not your only option, although it might be the cheapest. Many people have cars moved accross the US on a daily basis. Most are in enclosed trailers, but many are not. There was a TV show on that ws focused on one company close to New York that customised cars for people. I can picture the guys face, but not his company name. Wait..... Unique Customs. He does transportation at a reasonable rate.

There are many like him that are reliable and not just any guy off the street.

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

I don't get it...I mean why would a large company (uShip in this case) intentionally want to show to the public that the people or contractors working for them are complete idiots? It would be like Fedex wanting to show their drivers throwing packages over fences on a TV show.

How can this possibly be good for business:dunno:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use to drive part time for Allied Van lines special products divison/ North American van lines. I have no clue what the cost was, but you can call any local agent for the named company to inquier. I hauled many cars and too many loads of motor cycles all over the country. It was amazing to see all the Harleys that get shipped to Daytona & sturgis for the owners to ride/sit on for bike week, and then ship them back home or to another bike week.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I used U-ship to get my new 2305 from Indiana to Iowa. The experience was good for me but is going to rely on the hauler of course.

That said, I was not in a hurry which helps drop the bid price and if you read the haulers reviews and have a few conversations with the actual hauler (via the U-ship private message system) then you can get a good feel for the service you might expect.

Not going to work every time but hauling is a crap shoot in my book unless you run a company and can demand service.. Which is still no guarantee.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RRMCCABE,
So do you get to pick the hauler, or is it just the lower bidder?

The TV show just make them all look stupid. I mean if a guy showed up at my house and wanted to take my motorcycle apart so he could cram it into his already overloaded trailer with no tags on it I would shoot him!

·
Registered
11 Posts
sipping wars

My vote would be to get the COWGIRL to haul tractor. Did you see the shorts she was wearing when she was trucking that camel around? HUBA-HUBA:fed:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
RRMCCABE,
So do you get to pick the hauler, or is it just the lower bidder?

The TV show just make them all look stupid. I mean if a guy showed up at my house and wanted to take my motorcycle apart so he could cram it into his already overloaded trailer with no tags on it I would shoot him!
Yes you pick whoever you want. Even the high bidder. You basically get emails saying a new bid has been placed. If you put them off, they often rebid lower.

If they are on a backhaul its money in their pocket if you can be flexible. They have feedback similar to ebay. You can message with them via the Uship system but dont try to email directly or add your email address to the messaging system or Uship will send you a warning !!!

Once you accept the bid then you can start emailing direct or phone. As I said my results were great and couldnt be happier.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have been looking into using uShip lately myself. I found a 318 near Nashville, TN, and checking into uShip. Bids have been as high as over $900 and as low as $230 range. There is an auction bid fee if you accept one. I also found out, as mentioned here, if you don't respond to a bid, they may come back with a lower one. Also I had one bidder asked me what I wanted to spend when I told him he was too high for me. I can see it as being an useful tool if you have to get something large shipped and you're patient and can be flexible on the delivery dates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts