Green Tractor Talk banner
281 - 300 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow, I really like the look of that Bandsaw, I haven't come across an equivalent down under. 🤔

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,480 Posts
Looks great!

@sdavilla - What gas regulators are those and are you happy with them?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Looks great!

@sdavilla - What gas regulators are those and are you happy with them?
Left is a Victor 0781-2743 HRF-1425-580 Light Duty Regulator. Came with the welder.
Right is a Victor 0781-2731 Medium Duty Regulator, I ordered the 0781-2743 (including 10 foot hose) but got shipped the 0781-2731 (no hose) by mistake. Weldfabulous (Amazon) gave me two options. 1) Return and they would ship out the correct version or 2) keep it and they would ship a 10 foot argon hose. I chose option 2).

So far, very happy. Only little problem is these have three flow calibrations, helium, argon, argon(75)/CO2(25). After mounting on tanks, you need to unscrew the flow part and spin the float to align the desired scale into view. Otherwise, they seem to work well. MIG/TIG seems more suited to flow rather than a psi setting.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Hahaha, Amazon gods giveth and Amazon gods take away. Ordered some a pack of 10 tungsten electrodes. Arrived today, the shipping package anyway. Defective packaging (plastic padded envelope) with one edge open at bottom. Electrodes took a walk during shipping and vanished... Oh well, contact seller, submit pictures and see what happens. LOL.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,480 Posts
Hahaha, Amazon gods giveth and Amazon gods take away. Ordered some a pack of 10 tungsten electrodes. Arrived today, the shipping package anyway. Defective packaging (plastic padded envelope) with one edge open at bottom. Electrodes took a walk during shipping and vanished... Oh well, contact seller, submit pictures and see what happens. LOL.
Good luck! You ever decide on a tungsten grinder?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Pulled the trigger on the Eastwood TG1800 TIG Welder Tungsten Grinder, should get here on Sat. Several people seemed to like it and sounded like @Kennyd was lusting over it. LOL.

Argon gas hose came in from Weldfabulous (on Amazon). No charge and it was FedEx 2 day ship.

Missing TIG Electrodes will get replaced by Amazon as they came from an Amazon Fulfillment Center.

TIG hand control from SSC came in and installed on TIG torch. Interesting design. Has four PCB mounted switches that the switch lever presses on. Light press, get one, press down more, next switch goes down, and so on. Easy to feel the switches engage with bare hand, less easy when gloved. I might reverse-engineer it and make something better and more robust and gives better tactile feedback as it engages the switches.. The lever part also seems if it will just break off if abused. Ooooo, another project. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Few updates.

Eastwood TG1800 TIG Welder Tungsten Grinder came in. Very nice grinder, nice feel in hand. Body feels like metal, some sort of hardened plastic. Works quite nicely.

Camera accessory Power tool Bumper Cameras & optics Automotive tire

TIG hand control from SSC with newly sharpened electrode.

Hand Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Yellow Finger

Yea, yea. wear gloves when painting...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Is that a 3rd function for a 460 loader?
Ding, a winner. Got 1/2 of it before I decided to get the 485 backhoe and added the power beyond kit. Got rest of it and tried to attach from bottom, just would not route. Few days ago, tried from top and they slipped right in. Figured, might as well put them on and get rid of a box. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Whoop whoop! 😁 but can you wait to build a grapple until the bh hitch is finished? 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Oh no... The rabbits are out. :)

Hand tool Pliers Snips Electrical wiring Diagonal pliers

I built these about 10-15 years ago. Temperature and humidity sensor (SHT11) using a Rabbit RMC2200 processor. They include a built in web server. Easy to program too and was a fun distraction.

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

I have these scattered about the house in attic and crawl space. Just have to find the rest and their SHT11 sensors. Shop gets two, one in shop attic and the other in shop area. One thing I'd like to figure out is if the MrCool is heating or cooling to maintain the set temperature. Then I can decide to change the temperature set point or not.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,964 Posts
Oh no... The rabbits are out. :)

View attachment 807988

I built these about 10-15 years ago. Temperature and humidity sensor (SHT11) using a Rabbit RMC2200 processor. They include a built in web server. Easy to program too and was a fun distraction.

View attachment 807989

I have these scattered about the house in attic and crawl space. Just have to find the rest and their SHT11 sensors. Shop gets two, one in shop attic and the other in shop area. One thing I'd like to figure out is if the MrCool is heating or cooling to maintain the set temperature. Then I can decide to change the temperature set point or not.
Nice color choice in the screen output! :cool:

Reactions: JungleStyle
281 - 300 of 312 Posts