Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Wife got me this last year for Christmas,

Wheel Tire Cleanliness Composite material Engineering

She saw how I used to wrestle the old shop vac, top would come off every time I tried to pick it up, I'd pull it and none of the wheels would agree to which direction they wanted to go, not good suction either.

Old one
Product Gas Kitchen appliance Font Automotive design

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
[QUOTE="MadMadHoosier, post: 3750512, member: 137266]
That Dewalt handheld looks intriguing for the workbench and cleanup. Still would like to have something to vacuum the garage floor, etc since the ebb of the wind is directly off of the fields and up into my garage.
[/QUOTE]

I use a standard 1-1/4 inch pair of tubes and a floor brush that came with another vacuum cleaner. Connects right to the short hose on the Dewalt. I can carry the little cordless Dewalt in one hand and clean the floor with the other. It has a decent amount of suction.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I too have a 25 year old 16 gallon Craftsman with detachable blower. It's done it's job over the years.
I have two corded Shark vacuums for use in the house that do a pretty good job. Since there is no bag in those, it would be good in a shop for small pickups.

I am looking for a good battery powered one with some attachments for quick pickups in the house in particular. I'll check out the Dewalt one. Has anyone started a thread on cordless vacuums? I didn't find one in an earlier search and don't want to hijack this one.

Reactions: tj1

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I don't mind if this one gets hijacked, someday I might get a cordless one too. That handheld DeWalt looks like it would be great for cleaning up the workbench or sweeping the basement steps and stuff like that.

Reactions: ryegrass and tj1

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have an old Craftsman (from Sears) and a wall mount Shop Vac. I also have a cordless Craftsman (from Sears) that uses the 19.2V C3 battery. I have several older Craftsman C3 hand tools so I will use the Craftsman cordless until the batteries crap out.
I recently considered the purchase of the Milwaukee tool cordless vacuum (since I also have Mil tools) but the reviews were mixed.

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts
I have an old Craftsman (from Sears) and a wall mount Shop Vac. I also have a cordless Craftsman (from Sears) that uses the 19.2V C3 battery. I have several older Craftsman C3 hand tools so I will use the Craftsman cordless until the batteries crap out.
I recently considered the purchase of the Milwaukee tool cordless vacuum (since I also have Mil tools) but the reviews were mixed.
Same here. I am in the M18 line but it seems all of the Milwaukee vacuums have luke warm reviews. It’s a shame as the one model seems to only suffer from a weak easily broken hose.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
I had 2 different Shop Vac brands. Both were steel barrels. Both began shocking me within a year. My 20 year old craftsman finally died was the reason I bought those shop vac brands. The old craftsman would suck up a carpet. It lasted better than 20 years, 2 house remodels and a lot of use laying flooring. I bought another one now, a little wimpier than they used to be, it's held up well so far.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have one of those Rigid 6.5 hp 16 gal with the detachable head (converts to blower) that I've had for 22 years now. Works great. I have had to replace the internal fan twice and the switch once. Still going strong and was used as my leaf blower for 19 of those years.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Same here. I am in the M18 line but it seems all of the Milwaukee vacuums have luke warm reviews. It’s a shame as the one model seems to only suffer from a weak easily broken hose.
I have had my M 18 shop vac for 5 yrs now works flawlessly! I don’t read to much into tool reviews when only a 20% negative , some folks are just not meant to own certain tools other than a sledgehammer or shovel !

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have had my M 18 shop vac for 5 yrs now works flawlessly! I don’t read to much into tool reviews when only a 20% negative , some folks are just not meant to own certain tools other than a sledgehammer or shovel !
Thanks for the review. Is this the vacuum?

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
I can safely state; my old craftsman I did buy at Sears back around 1980 or so, has never broken or crapped out at all, sucked up a lot of water and I just vacuumed out my pellet stove exhaust pipe the other day with the 2.5" hose which just fit in the 3" pipe and the only thing I have ever done to it is add more hose! IT even sucked out the fly ash in the stove exhaust blower too! I wondered afterwards if I opened the stove door would it have cleaned the thing out!!! Lots of suction on that unit.
The craftsman hanging vehicle unit is awesome too, stretchable hose with the on off switch on the hand help part and I forgot I also have a fire rated vac for the pellet stove in the house. The small Dewalt battery deal (Keith pictured), I use in the shop, gets everything cleaned up even my mini mill scraps. I did have a brand new Lowes brand shop vac that I used as a football one day, it couldn't even suck up sheet rock sanding dust for 30 seconds.. It almost went thru a brand new picture window, in the dumpster it went, piece of junk, and it ran roughly 1 minute brand new... I'm not cheap when I buy tools but this Lowe's deal was because I forgot to bring the craftsman on the job..
One of my employees just looked at me like ,,, get the hell out of his way!!! I have no patience for junk...

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Yes Sir ! It's perfect for what it was intended for , those small jobs where you really don't want to be dragging out the big shop vac for a wet or dry cleanup.
I have the same vac it's nice to take out on jobs so i can leave the Facillity cleaner than it was when I got there. Working on med carts in nursing home it's nice to be able to sweep up my shavings from drilling.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had no idea there was a John Deere branded shopvac. In fact, there's this one and a 7 gallon one.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,964 Posts
I had no idea there was a John Deere branded shopvac. In fact, there's this one and a 7 gallon one.
And they're just as proud of them as they are their tractors... $$$. :LOL:

Reactions: ryegrass

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
The state shutting down businesses finished them off for good, though. Sad.

If Sears/Panasonic still made the original HEPA Kenmore home vacs I'd use one of those as a shop vac. Low on capacity but built like a tank and with sturdy and useful cleaning tools.

That Dewalt handheld looks intriguing for the workbench and cleanup. Still would like to have something to vacuum the garage floor, etc since the ebb of the wind is directly off of the fields and up into my garage.
Commies did it no matter how you look at it.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rule292
21 - 40 of 42 Posts