Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried getting quotes from the tri-state area JD dealers on a 2038r(backhoe,mower deck). I’m getting zero responses other than my local dealer who quoted me retail price.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ive tried getting quotes from the tri-state area JD dealers on a 2038r(backhoe,mower deck). I’m getting zero responses other than my local dealer who quoted me retail price.
I'd call them on the phone.

Understand that dealers most certainly inflate prices for folks on the island because of the basic financial demographics of the residency.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
I agree, you will get a better response if you go in and talk to them. Calling is better but be there means you are real.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you want the best price, your going for a road trip ! If you want great service buy it local !

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,548 Posts
I agree, go there and talk to them, much harder to ignore someone when they're standing right in front of you. Not sure how serious most dealers take internet inquires, can only imagine how many they get from people just playing around on the build your own site.
Welcome GTT.gif

Reactions: gdow and Herminator

·
Super Moderator
5,966 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I’m right across the pond from you in CT and I went to New Hampshire for mine. Great price and no sales tax. I am very happy with it and my local dealer gives me great service.
Sincerely

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really,I’m looking to get it from New Hampshire back to Long Island NY.then it will be local trips maybe several times during the year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Really,I’m looking to get it from New Hampshire back to Long Island NY.then it will be local trips maybe several times during the year.
If you’re looking to rent,A 16’ equipment trailer at United Rental in Bridgeport @ $61.00 per day. If you want to buy one ,I recommend galvanized over powder coated, due to the fact of not having to worry about rust( ie: the calcium chloride they put on the roads and the fact you live on an island surrounded by saltwater)
2020 Sliver Mountain 7x18 Galvanized Equipment Trailer w/ Fold-up Ramps L1292101 | Scott's Recreation

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Now what kind/size trailer should I get?
This is my trailer saga..... I picked up my 2038R in New Hampshire with a 7000# 16’ tilt bed trailer I rented from CT Trailers in Bolton Ct.

The experience with the tilt bed trailer convinced me I did not want a tilt bed, so I went out and purchased a 10,000# 16’ flatbed equipment trailer. As soon as I got home and loaded up the trailer with what I thought would be a typical load, I discovered it was too small. I immediately called the trailer dealer and told them I made a mistake and needed an 18’ trailer, which they agreed to take back my 16’ in exchange for the 10,000# 18’ and a modest up charge.

I used this trailer from 2017 through 2020 and began to realize that it is not versatile enough for my needs, so I sold it and purchased a 10,000# 16’ dump trailer. I haven’t yet put it to good use, but I think I will be happy with it for a few years at least....

I wanted the dump trailer so I could haul my own soil/fill/gravel/stone dust/mulch/storm cleanup debris/etc.. I will let you know how it works out. I think I will be happy.
Sincerely

Reactions: wildbranch2007
1 - 19 of 19 Posts