Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered 3 hook/clevis for the FEL and a hook for the BH. As if I needed a reason to spend more money I browsed around the website to find the diff lock foot pedal (an item I had planned to make when I noticed the 1025 didn't have one prior to purchase), seat springs(not getting any lighter anytime soon), and a few other goodies. I am still a little confused as to why hooks like these are not standard equipment on a FEL and BH. I originally was going to buy hooks and weld them on till I found Ken's offerings. I like the bolt-on because i can easily replace or reconfigure without everything involved for a welded on product. I'll be back again soon to order some straps once I figure out what lengths I want(internal dilemma). Maybe I just need two of each size...lol

·
Administrator
18,781 Posts
One reason hooks are not standard: Liability.

Plus, if there were standard, I wouldn't have a business :mocking:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I haven't seen his machine for a while but a few years back my brother in law bought a 2305. My father mentioned that he should get hooks installed on it. The dealer didn't seem to know what they were talking about and I don't remember if they welded or bolted a set of hooks but they used slip hooks rather than grab hooks. So it is kind of worthless.

Reactions: Levi

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,401 Posts

Plus, if there were standard, I wouldn't have a business :mocking:
Got to love honest people:lol: :good2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Plus, if there were standard, I wouldn't have a business
I think they should just buy you out for millions and make them standard.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Then Kenny wouldn't have anything to do.:laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,357 Posts
Then you wouldn't get to work on your tractor. Takes all the fun out of it. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 10 of 10 Posts