Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I was negotiating the deal for my 1025R the sales woman told me that I'd be getting a 2017 model. That was one reason why I went with the 1025 vs the X750 because it was a 2014 and had been sitting outside all this time. Finally went through all of the stuff in my dealer folder and see that the build date for my 1025 is 2015. It took a week for them to get it, so I just didn't think it was older.

Is this something I should be mad about or should I just deal with it? Everything runs great, I have zero complaints at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
She lied. Go get money back or report them to the BBB.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I would be pretty pissed. Does any of the paperwork you signed show a different serial or vin and DOM?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
If you wanted a "fresh" machine, they told you you'd get one and and it's not... Big $$$$'s back or NEW machine or big stink to JD Corporate and BBB. If you ain't mad, this quick shuffle baloney is exactly what makes me mad, shifty dealering. You could have just as well bought a low hour used machine for less money..:nunu::nunu:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Is this something I should be mad about or should I just deal with it?
Would you be mad if you paid for a 2017 truck, and the truck dealer delivered a 2015 model with all the same equipment and options? Or would you just register your 2015 truck and be happy?

IMO, if you have documentation of the tractor you would receive being a 2017 model, and did not receive one, you are the victim of fraud.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Two years different,I would be.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If the tractor was a 2016 I would still be pissed but I MIGHT let it slide. Receiving a 2015 after being promised a 2017 is not right. How long does your paperwork show your warranty period being?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe it's just me but new is new, I would enjoy the new tractor. The only reason I would be upset is if I specifically wanted a feature available on the 2017 and not the 2015.

3025e
I don't believe there is a difference. I think the main reason I was upset is that I keep all of my equipment in the garage and it bothers me a bit that this equipment sat outside for 2 years before i took possession.

·
Registered
12,523 Posts
I reviewed the quote, no VIN or year on it. So I guess what I have is a case of "he said, she said".

when u was wheeling and dealing for this new tractor. did the salesman say where they was getting it from? like another dealer? u said it took a couple of weeks to get it in-right. where in the world did they get it at. it had to have sat in some one's front lot for the last 2 yrs. i would be jumping to the moon! just me-oh.

how many hrs was on it when they brought it out to ur house? can u tell if it sat outside for 2 yrs? if not-they must of shined on it for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
It would upset me as well just for the reason that in the next 20 years it won't see as much sun and rain as it has in the last two. If they discounted for that they would be fine but if you go to traded in next year they're going to price it like a 15

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when u was wheeling and dealing for this new tractor. did the salesman say where they was getting it from? like another dealer? u said it took a couple of weeks to get it in-right. where in the world did they get it at. it had to have sat in some one's front lot for the last 2 yrs. i would be jumping to the moon! just me-oh.

how many hrs was on it when they brought it out to ur house? can u tell if it sat outside for 2 yrs? if not-they must of shined on it for a while.
I'm pretty sure they just got it from one of their other dealerships, they have 4 in the area.

It had 1 hour on it when it arrived. Aside from the dash being sun faded, everything else looked good, nothing was rotted, have had zero leaks on the floor.

·
Registered
12,523 Posts
It would upset me as well just for the reason that in the next 20 years it won't see as much sun and rain as it has in the last two. If they discounted for that they would be fine but if you go to traded in next year they're going to price it like a 15
yes-that is so true. as ET-what jd did to his FIL about that same thing. they sold him what he thought was a such and such yr-only at trade in-it was a yr or so older-talk about knocking the air out of a guy's sail.

did u finance this thru JD? CALL THEM SEE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THIS!

·
Registered
12,523 Posts
I'm pretty sure they just got it from one of their other dealerships, they have 4 in the area.

It had 1 hour on it when it arrived. Aside from the dash being sun faded, everything else looked good, nothing was rotted, have had zero leaks on the floor.

SO THEY SOLD U A LEFT OVER. just downright dirty-i think. now ur stuck with a 2 yr old tractor.:nunu::nunu:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes-that is so true. as ET-what jd did to his FIL about that same thing. they sold him what he thought was a such and such yr-only at trade in-it was a yr or so older-talk about knocking the air out of a guy's sail.

did u finance this thru JD? CALL THEM SEE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THIS!
I can do that, just got my account info in the mail. But I don't think I have a leg to stand on, since there's nothing in writing saying it was going to be a 2017.

·
Registered
12,523 Posts

u just say ur in Pa. but where or i should say what area? are u near me?

Reactions: PJR832 and TJR345

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SO THEY SOLD U A LEFT OVER. just downright dirty-i think. now ur stuck with a 2 yr old tractor.:nunu::nunu:
When she said "it arrived today and we can deliver on this date" it just supported the notion that is was brand new, because they at least 2 or 3 on the lot that were not sold.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't believe there is a difference. I think the main reason I was upset is that I keep all of my equipment in the garage and it bothers me a bit that this equipment sat outside for 2 years before i took possession.

I buy mine to use, store in the garage dirty, after 4 years of hard use I traded mine in for the same amount as one kept clean and garaged. *Shrug* I guess I pick my battles carefully. You'll like the tractor, don't stress over it.

3025e

1 - 20 of 120 Posts