Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually buy those nice old school steel 5 gallon fuel cans that now cost nearly $100 each. But I tried this FuelWorx 5 gallon poly can (more like 5.5 gallon) and I'm really impressed with it. It's perfect for fueling the 1025R.

These are heavy poly with no flex and are stack-able, The seal where the spout meets the jug is Viton and mine hasn't leaked a drop. The little push button at the spout to allow fuel to flow is easily depressed by resting it on the rim of the fuel fill collar on the 1025R. Once in the pouring position and when fueling, you can depress a vent button at the back of the handle which will allow the entire jug to empty in less than 60 seconds. This vent also works as a flow reducer when you are getting close to full and then if you simply lift the jug off of the fuel filler rim, the flow is cut off. Given the generous size of the fuel neck on the 1025R, this jug makes fueling super easy.

Anyway, I searched and found no reference to these fuel jugs so I thought I'd share my experience with them.

While also available on Amazon, I found TSC the least expensive with the free ship to store (I have a TSC store nearby).

Eric

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Thanks @OLYTDI I may try one of these. I'm sure after removing the "guts" out of the nozzle, it would be even better (y)

Reactions: rtgt and jgayman

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The fact that those are stackable is a pretty neat feature, worth a bit in itself.
All the fuel cans i have take up a good bit of real estate.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,495 Posts
The fact that those are stackable is a pretty neat feature, worth a bit in itself.
All the fuel cans i have take up a good bit of real estate.
But how stable would they be, especially filled?

·
Premium Member
12,680 Posts
Interesting. thanks for posting @OLYTDI (y)

I've been using No-Spill cans forever. The smaller ones are great for my two stroke stuff.

The big ones do take a while to empty which is my only complaint. I've been meaning to modify them with a vent for a while.....

Made in USA! Big plus.

I may have to pick one up and give it a try. Certainly worth checking TSC to see if they have one in stock I can look at. Not a big fan of ordering something I've never seen in person.

·
Premium Member
12,680 Posts
But how stable would they be, especially filled?
In the video they show stacking the smaller ones on top of the bigger one.

Maybe you could stack 2 five gallon cans, but that is a high as I'd go.

·
Premium Member
12,680 Posts
Only negative comment I've got - "Diesel Gas Can" - NOT.

If it has diesel in it or it is made for diesel fuel - It is a Fuel Can.....

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
Been using the no-spill cans for years. The small 2 gallon can makes a great mixed gas can for chainsaws and weed wackers.

They seal up tight enough to transport in the trunk of my wife's car without her yelling at me about the smell.
I'm a big fan of No-Spill cans myself. I use them for diesel, gasoline and kerosene. As nice as they are they can be a bit slow on the flow, especially if filling a large tank. The can shown by the OP does look like it would have good flow.

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
Only negative comment I've got - "Diesel Gas Can" - NOT.

If it has diesel in it or it is made for diesel fuel - It is a Fuel Can.....
True. But I can't tell you how many times I've heard knowledgeable folks say "I've got to go get gas for the tractor" :)

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
I like the Justrite cans.

Justrite
OMG!!! Don't get me started on these! They might be okay for trickling fuel into a 1-quart weed wacker tank but they are absolutely horrible otherwise. I even hate to admit that I once spent $75 on one of these dangerous cans.

My first trip to the filling station I stick the nozzle down into the filling port, squeeze the lever and BA-WOOSH, gas came shooting back out of the fill hole soaking my face and shirt. One spark and I would have been a human fusie. I threw my shirt away and cleaned myself up enough to get back in the car bare back.

Upon getting home I saw the problem was that silly screen they installed in the filler neck. It was very fine mesh and all kinked on the bottom to make it fit in the hole, so much so that liquid had a hard time getting through it. Then I try to use the can and no matter how hard I would pull on the silver bale handle gasoline would just trickle out. There seemed to be no way to increase the flow. I even installed a shim to allow the handle to pull back the valve further and it still just trickled out.

So I guess it could be called a safety can since very little fuel can come out of the nozzle but dousing you with fuel when you try to fill it doesn't seem safe at all.

I put the darn thing on Craigslist for $25. I told the buyer exactly why I was selling it but he still had his heart set on buying it. Thank goodness that horrible thing is out of my life. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
True. But I can't tell you how many times I've heard knowledgeable folks say "I've got to go get gas for the tractor" :)
That's a pet peeve of mine. Is it gas or diesel? Words have meanings people!

With that said, I am a bit confused when it comes to electric cars. When I want to go faster, do I step on the electric? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I buy every old school red Chilton plastic jug I see. Have enough to last the rest of my days.

For diesel I have 2 plastic non vented but vented through spout, (a little slow) and 2 metal old school can, all 5 gallon. So I can get 20 gallons of off road diesel at a time for the 3 machines.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts